We're not even as big as Hull these days, the German average for their whole league is not much below our attendances.

I think Hearts have shown that buying up Eastern Europeans is not a panacea.

Having a big history and a biggish crowd has little bearing on your present status - ask Queens Park, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade etc, etc, etc. By your reckoning Celtic and Newcastle should be way ahead of us.

Totti, you are making a mockery of the groan system by groaning at any of my posts you disagree with and a few extra for good measure. At least half my groans are from you - some of them totally erroneous and incredibly petty. But if you want to play that game I can step up to the plate.

Both you and Super Ally are boring apologists with your heads in the sand so I'll groan all I want.

The only difference is he makes his points concisely whereas you type entire documents repeating the same boring nonsense.

bugger all the facts and figures, i ll go on what i see in front of my own eyes and it aint pretty. Bar the month of december when we actually tried to and managed to play some decent football we have been bloody terrible. Thank god for tony mobray, hes done more for Rangers this season than walter Smith could ever dream of. Our manager is no master tactitian, hes mediocre in my eyes. Good fortune and circumstance are two words i associate with Smith. He has been frightfully lucky again this season im afraid.

Europe is a must for Rangers, wether it be in the CL or the Europe league and we need a manger who is going to make an impact or at least try to whatever competition we are in. its no good just being happy to be there. That seems to be smiths take on it. Personally im sick of the embarrassment in europe under Smith and my stomach churns at the thought of another Kunaus or Unirea.

Please go walter, you are no messiah. It wont be a one horse race next season and your lame and duff tactics will be found out next time round.

ps. take lafferty, thompson whittaker and naismith with too. Everyone of them was severely lacking in the champions league and will only drag us down as they are not up to the required standard.

Guest Flying Hippo

If Europe is a must then you must have a very low opinion of Graeme Souness, Dick Advocaat, and Alex McLeish, considering none of them got us anywhere close to a European final unlike Walter....

I've got to say the people with the heads in the sand are the ones who think we can compete with the likes of Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Inter Milan and even CSKA Moscow.

We're not even playing the same game anymore.

Can we even hope to compete with the UEFA semi-finalists? Liverpool, Atletico, Hamburg? Even Fulham are giants compared to us these days - and about 5 years ago I watched us dominate them in a friendly.

Anyone that thinks our history of success in Scotland combined with a 48,000 crowd, is some kind of vip passport to continuous European success, cannot have a full and clear view of the world.

Guest Flying Hippo
I've got to say the people with the heads in the sand are the ones who think we can compete with the likes of Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Inter Milan and even CSKA Moscow.

We're not even playing the same game anymore.

Can we even hope to compete with the UEFA semi-finalists? Liverpool, Atletico, Hamburg? Even Fulham are giants compared to us these days - and about 5 years ago I watched us dominate them in a friendly.

Anyone that thinks our history of success in Scotland combined with a 48,000 crowd, is some kind of vip passport to continuous European success, cannot have a full and clear view of the world.

Agree with that completely. The prize money we get for winning the SPL is only about 1/10 of what an English club gets in television money! Our highest earner is on �£20,000 a week. The average Premiership wage is �£20,000 a week! Scotland hasn't produced any kind of footballing superstar in 30 years. You could argue Barry Ferguson but he was never world class.

If Europe is a must then you must have a very low opinion of Graeme Souness, Dick Advocaat, and Alex McLeish, considering none of them got us anywhere close to a European final unlike Walter....

Yeah Walter has been responsible for two out of our 6 best ever European runs.

There is only ONE manager in our history that has bettered him - yet the same manager allowed Celtic to dominate the league (and cup)...

What do people prefer?

The CWC with Celtic winning 9IAR and the European cup during a Scottish purple patch or a UEFA final and two championships and 4 cups in 3 seasons, during the most impoverished time of Scottish football? ...Or a fantastic run in the CL, just losing out to cheats while winning the treble?

bugger all the facts and figures, i ll go on what i see in front of my own eyes and it aint pretty. Bar the month of december when we actually tried to and managed to play some decent football we have been bloody terrible. Thank god for tony mobray, hes done more for Rangers this season than walter Smith could ever dream of. Our manager is no master tactitian, hes mediocre in my eyes. Good fortune and circumstance are two words i associate with Smith. He has been frightfully lucky again this season im afraid.

Europe is a must for Rangers, wether it be in the CL or the Europe league and we need a manger who is going to make an impact or at least try to whatever competition we are in. its no good just being happy to be there. That seems to be smiths take on it. Personally im sick of the embarrassment in europe under Smith and my stomach churns at the thought of another Kunaus or Unirea.

Please go walter, you are no messiah. It wont be a one horse race next season and your lame and duff tactics will be found out next time round.

ps. take lafferty, thompson whittaker and naismith with too. Everyone of them was severely lacking in the champions league and will only drag us down as they are not up to the required standard.

Smith's success has been too great and too enduring for it to have been luck and it is ridiculous to claim otherwise.