Continuing my broken record theme. :D

Found these stats interesting though:

In the last 5 years since Strachan took over at the piggery, title winning teams have droipped the following:

2005/2006 - Celtic 23 points - 3 losses

2006/2007 - Celtic 30 points - 6 losses

2007/2008 - Celtic 25 points - 5 losses

2008/2009 - Rangers 28 points - 4 losses

To date rangers have dropped 20 points with just 2 losses. Our current squad are therefore on course to be the best team to win the league in the last 5 years.

I actually don't think we will, statistically speaking, be the best team of the last 5 years as I think with the job all but done and likely our last 4 games or so meaning nothing, that we will drop points in some of these "dead rubbers" (to borrow Tennis parlance).

We could have been so better if we didn't have so many draws at the start of the season. If we lose say 25 points this season that wont be bad. I would say if we get 85 points then that will be alright. However winning the league is all that matters for me at the moment.

We could have been so better if we didn't have so many draws at the start of the season. If we lose say 25 points this season that wont be bad. I would say if we get 85 points then that will be alright. However winning the league is all that matters for me at the moment.

Agreed, but we might have some interesting ammunition to back up our points if the tims/media continue with this worst team to win the league patter.

Agreed, but we might have some interesting ammunition to back up our points if the tims/media continue with this worst team to win the league patter.

It won't matter what stats you throw at the BHEASTS,they belive the '' ESTABLISHMENT '' has handed Rangers the title :)

It won't matter what stats you throw at the BHEASTS,they belive the '' ESTABLISHMENT '' has handed Rangers the title :)

Why cant they just accept that they are total pish and that we are going to be the spl champions for the 53rd time:spl::)

It's amazing how the BHEASTS go on about how poor Rangers are yet they are so far behind us!!!

The clyde 1 phone in was buzzing with them last night, going on about referees and the hamilton disallowed goal! they seem to be more worried about us than themselves :)

right now we are absolutely terrible. no one is performing to an acceptable level and smith has resorted to playing backs to the wall football again. Hamilton showed us up on Saturday (not for the first time this season) and i dont expect it to get any better tonight against the sheep.

find yer balls walter and take the game to the opposition. Stop bricking it and show everyone whos the boss.

right now we are absolutely terrible. no one is performing to an acceptable level and smith has resorted to playing backs to the wall football again. Hamilton showed us up on Saturday (not for the first time this season) and i dont expect it to get any better tonight against the sheep.

find yer balls walter and take the game to the opposition. Stop bricking it and show everyone whos the boss.

I wouldn't say we're terrible.

Limited though, certainly.

As I said a month ago in this topic when we were in such good form:

We've been solid this season domestically and will deservedly win the league but we literally have no competition whatsoever. We were shown up in Europe to be limited.

It will do for just now. But I want some hope for a better future. For us to be more than just a side that beats a very poor Celtic side in the league. I'd like to see plans to build a proper infrastructure at the club. Proper scouting, coaching, youth development etc. Then build an organised side with an emphasis on short passing and good football that easily put on a show against the dross in the SPL but then also be able to challenge other European clubs of a similar stature. The quarter finals in the champions league should be a realistic goal for a club of our size.

Since the end of the season 2002/03 we seem to have been in a continuous cycle of financial meltdown and rebuilding team the entire squad. I'd have happily taken a couple of bad seasons if I could see us finally bringing the club up to the 21st century and building a good squad. By now we should be very secure financially with a lower debt and already much further developed on other fronts. The only progress we've really made in these seasons is having a fairly decent SPL level side.

Walter has easily won the league this season and he possibly will next. But we are nowhere near the level we should be at and any decent side in Europe would beat us, as demonstrated in the CL this season.

PS - I'm not sure if people are aware how easy we've had it in the league this season. Take Robbie Keane out the Celtic side and they really wouldn't look out of place at the bottom of the championship in England.

Edited by Totti