Selection of quotes for possible tangents of discussion:

Never though give up on the fighting spirit of the mighty Glasgow Rangers. Unbelievably the Saints just could not handle the nine men and instead of just hanging on Rangers went up the field and Kenny Miller scored the winner. I have watched football for nearly fifty years and can never remember this happening.
- Jeff Winters

The cup final showed the character, resilience and winning mentality that this team has. We all want to win, we know how special a season this can be but the next stop in the process is on Wednesday. For us it's a matter of winning every game. If we can do that then you don't have to worry about what Celtic are doing.
- Maurice Edu

It was important for Rangers to win another trophy because, if somebody comes into buy the club, it shows them that Rangers are still competitive and ready to fight all over again. It is another way to show that the unity of the team can even be stronger than the referee's decision or the other team.
- Amoruso

Both Kevin and I thought that we couldn't go up to collect our medals after being sent off and if that had been the case it really would have been a sickener, but a few people, including Kenny, ran into the dressing room and told us to get out and join the rest of the boys.
- Wilson

There has been a lot of things happening off the park at Rangers in the last couple of years and the main thing is the team has stayed together. We have a bond now. We will fight for each other. We enjoyed our cup final win, but we can�t afford to dwell on it. We have two huge games ahead of us in both competitions and must focus fully on them and the remainder of the season.
- Naismith

Everybody keeps talking about that (the treble) but you have seen how difficult it is. They have been mentioning it for ages but I keep saying to people it is an extremely difficult thing to do. For us we are delighted to have won the League Cup but we can be in or out of the Scottish Cup on Wednesday so we will just have to pick ourselves up and prepare for that. I know it is an old adage but for me we are in a fortunate position to still be involved in another two trophies. Hopefully we can hang on and do well in those two but there is still a lot of football to be played yet.
- Walter Smith

and finally....

It's just a loan move and always has been. I've got a lot of friends down at Tottenham and I miss the lads - I speak to them all the time and they are doing well at the moment. I also miss the tea ladies - they are very good down there!
- Keane :D

Thompson shaking his head. Should be jailed for that ya dirty hun bassa.

Didn't need a replay. He's a thug, nothing more than that

Thuggery is instilled in them

Sweepstake for the ref to even it up or give the Huns a big decision? Penalty, 70 mins for me.

That lot and their fans sicken me. They always do but right now they are at their most vile.

Danny Wilson off! was it in the box?

9 men haha

how about them apples walter

its getting better

where's the paranoid lot on here now?

I stick by what I said, Huns are still going to win.

Prove me wrong Buddies

a ref actually refing rangers correctly wonder if it will catch on

Setanta lhads absolutely willing the ball into the Huns net

Come on St Mirren.

Surely you can beat these carrots when there's only 9 of them.

Oh the rage as the hun thinks he is not getting fairness in a game of football.

GIRFUY

Mother of eff

*******s

St Mirren are a joke

you knew it you effing knew it!

That's why they're champions.

Embarrassing.

Useless shower of *******s

I hate them

Thats sickening

St.Mirren manager should be sacked after this, effing joke, 9 men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sick

Turned it off now, Feck them

Some braindead ******* is letting off fireworks near my house.

AND SOME KDS QUUOTES, AS IT HAPPENED

Can't be easy for Keane playing in front of just 30,000 at Celtic Park every week...

That crowd was a disgrace for them at the weekend.

Thing is was it even 30,000? How come their attendances are always round numbers? Rounding up me thinks.

Still there average is now less than a thousand more than ours and we'll overtake them by miles if it continues. What happened to the GFITW?

I don't remember this happening at Ibrox when we were losing by double figures 5 times and even finished third.

I can see their fan base start to shrink quite a bit as the McCann bubble has well and truly burst. They had bigger crowds than us mostly due to a bigger and cheaper stadium - but they also had the general upper hand for a while. The way things are now with their form, the recession and the financial divide meaning lower quality they will struggle to sell season tickets this summer.

I think ours will drop a bit too but by much - maybe a thousand or so - and we'll still fill the stadium to 90%.

I can see them dropping to about 40k which is 66%.

Spiers will have to eat his previous gleeful words in reply to my article - about 60k every fortnight due to Keane...

I think I have a much better grip on reality than he has and my post now looks pretty prophetic while his looks pathetic.

Can't be easy for Keane playing in front of just 30,000 at Celtic Park every week...

That crowd was a disgrace for them at the weekend.

Frankie , how could you , imagine not accepting Nurenberg Hugh and the fat slug Guidi's word that there were at least 48,000 at the glitterdome last week , and that they had a bigger crowd than the cup final , you should be ashamed of yourself. :giruy::)