Part One of the Treble has been completed and with a healthy lead in the SPL, Rangers travel to Dundee to retain their interest in the Scottish Cup. With injuries and suspensions again starting to build up, tomorrow evening's task won't be an easy one at a ground we regularly struggle at.

First change to the team will be in defence with Allan McGregor a certainty to be recalled after his usual CIS holiday at the weekend. Despite his red card at Hampden, Danny Wilson should keep his place alongside captain Davie Weir, with Bougherra still out with a hamstring tear. Whittaker and Papac should complete our usual back five of late in the full-back roles although the former has been linked with a move into midfield. With Kirk Broadfoot also injured and Andy Little unimpressive at right back, that is unlikely.

Injuries and suspension will also ensure a new look midfield for this vital cup tie. An injury time booking at Ibrox in the first game means he's suspended for the replay. Kevin Thomson is also suspended but if rumoured Rangers appeal his red card, he may be available while that process takes its course. Meanwhile, Steven Davis didn't train today but the manager and fans alike will be hoping he can make the starting line-up tomorrow. However, with difficult matches in the league coming up, he may be given a few more days to fully recover from the viral infection which seen him substituted at half-time at the Cup Final.

Fortunately, despite our rapidly thinning squad, we still have a range of options for deputies. Maurice Edu has looked good in recent weeks so will assume a central midfield role irrespective of Davis' fitness. Other players in the frame will be Novo, Beasley, Naismith, Lafferty and Fleck who all have experience of a variety of midfield roles. Youngsters Jamie Ness and Thomas Kind Bendiksen are unlikely to be utilised although both have been training with the first team squad.

Moving into attack and most bears will be expecting the fruitful partnership of Miller and Boyd to again be our front two. However, don't rule out a return to 4-5-1 tomorrow given Boyd's recent form has been below par while the likes of Naismith and Fleck play better in deeper roles. Kyle Lafferty will also be desperate for a return to a striking role if required.

All in all, Walter Smith may decide to freshen up his squad and tactics after signs of stagnation in the last couple of months. However, with several first team players unavailable it is doubtful he'll make any more changes than already required even if the Scottish Cup may not hold the same significance as the League. The same character, commitment and industry seen on Sunday after going to 9 men will be required again tomorrow night if we're to keep our Treble hopes alive.

Possible team (4-4-2):

:am:

:sw: :dw: :wilson: :sp:

:sn: :sd: :me: :nn:

:kb: :km:

Prediction: Dundee Utd 1 : 2 Rangers

A bit on our opponents:-

Thankfully their striker Casalinuovo is still out with a hamstring problem while they're also still without Cadamarteri, Robertson and Lee Wilkie. So basically their team isn't as strong as it could have been for this replay. They do however, have Goodwillie back and he's a serious goal threat that we'll need to watch. They also have full back Paul Dixon back from injury, but he's not certain to play immediately.

United team will therefore be 11 from: Pernis, Kovacevic, Dillon, Dixon, Dods, Kenneth, Mihadjuks, Watson, Conway, Buaben, Swanson, Gomis, Myrie-Williams, D Robertson, McCord, Shala, Daly, Goodwillie, Sandaza, Banks.

Yeah, Dixon is a much better player than Dillon so hopefully he's not fit enough to start.

Should be another good game as both teams are capable of creating chances and scoring goals. Extra time wouldn't surprise me actually.

Boyd for me has to start. I know he is a bit off form at the moment but his record against Dundee Utd means I would be willing to play him. I could also see Lafferty making an appearance, this is McCoists selection so I will be hopeful of a strong side.

Boyd for me has to start. I know he is a bit off form at the moment but his record against Dundee Utd means I would be willing to play him. I could also see Lafferty making an appearance, this is McCoists selection so I will be hopeful of a strong side.

Yeah I doubt Boyd will be dropped/rested but given the midfield/creativity issues we may have if Davis doesn't make it, it might be an option to play a five considering we may lack cover for Edu as well...

Something like this wouldn't surprise me with Novo and Naismith expected to do the tracking back when required.

:db: :sn: :me: :jf: :nn:

Something that does worry me for tomorrow night is the threat Utd will have from set-pieces (including long throws from Kenneth) - especially with McCulloch missing. Edu is reasonable in the air though thankfully...

Has Fleck been in McCoist's team since the bust up or a supposed bust up?

No idea what has happened to Fleck but he's certainly not been involved at all for whatever reason.