I was up there. Strange old night. Right from hearing the starting line up which completely baffled us to the shock of losing that late goal. To be honest I found the atmosphere a bit surreal. We were shite on the pitch yet a lot of guys round about me were more worried abut their game. We deserved to lose last night I think. McGregor kept us in at times. God knows what he was doing at the winner though. Don't care who wins it now. WE can't thats the bottom line for me. No days out at Hampden now. Lets get the Title wrapped ASAP. We won't throw it away now I'm convinced of that but I want a win at Tyny on Saturday

My point exactly. You were at the match and right among the fans at the game, and THEY were more interested in Celtic's misfortunes than our own game.

If your post doesn't convince some people, nothing will.

Not true and you know it. It was the manner and scoreline which has been gloated over. We all know Rangers have won this league, and it's been over for a while. So clearly that result for St Mirren was every inch about many fans gloating over a crap team thrashing Celtic.

Still just don't agree. The evidence on this forum has been at least 60/40 in favour of gloating about Celtic rather than sorting through the more important wreckage of our cup exit.

If Celtic had won this forum would have been absolutely full of chat about our cup exit, and most of us would have been only interested in it.

As it is, it's been far more about Celtic's amusing misfortunes than more important issues.

And out of interest, you use the word gloating, yet it's in our 'long term interest' that they won because Mogga would still be in a job and they'd definitely stay rubbish. So it's a contradiction in messages.

Agree to disagree then. I just don't buy it.

I doubt any Rangers fan is happier that Celtic have lost than being upset about our own loss.

It's natural to take our minds off a poor result by poking fun at our greatest rivals so I'm surprised anyone would be surprised at that.

The euphoria over the Celtic loss is just pressure being released from many bears who care about our club's future and realise just how important the league title is. The St Mirren result eases some of that pressure and you're only seeing people concentrate on that because of the constant coverage our our financial problems etc.

That will pass soon enough and everyone will be eager to see a Rangers win tomorrow. If that doesn't happen then we'll be back to the usual finger-pointing and arguing about us instead of the gloating over Celtic.

To sum up, losing to Utd - especially after being 3-1 up in the first game - is dreadfully disappointing and not being able to win a treble is equally annoying. However, we need to put this in perspective to the scale that we've not lost in the Cup for 3 years, Utd played well, we have many games coming up, the Cups are not as important as they once were, and the League is much more important.

That isn't deflecting from a bad result - just a realistic appraisal of an era where we need to balance our attentions more than we have had to in previous times.

I doubt any Rangers fan is happier that Celtic have lost than being upset about our own loss.

It's natural to take our minds off a poor result by poking fun at our greatest rivals so I'm surprised anyone would be surprised at that.

The euphoria over the Celtic loss is just pressure being released from many bears who care about our club's future and realise just how important the league title is. The St Mirren result eases some of that pressure and you're only seeing people concentrate on that because of the constant coverage our our financial problems etc.

That will pass soon enough and everyone will be eager to see a Rangers win tomorrow. If that doesn't happen then we'll be back to the usual finger-pointing and arguing about us instead of the gloating over Celtic.

To sum up, losing to Utd - especially after being 3-1 up in the first game - is dreadfully disappointing and not being able to win a treble is equally annoying. However, we need to put this in perspective to the scale that we've not lost in the Cup for 3 years, Utd played well, we have many games coming up, the Cups are not as important as they once were, and the League is much more important.

That isn't deflecting from a bad result - just a realistic appraisal of an era where we need to balance our attentions more than we have had to in previous times.

That sums in up for me. :spl:

Essentially (particularly the first couple of paragraphs) the same argument I was trying to put to Danny.