Neither did I mate but this thread is full of people who only see Rangers reflected in sellick's misery.

With great rivalries comes schadenfreud at the nemesis' failures - none of us can deny we were pleased to see Celtic so soundly humped. But like you say, the worry is that a barometer of 'love for Rangers' seems to be how much you can hate Celtic.

We all hate Celtic, but it seems to be a priority for some over others.

What kind of muppet doesn't care if Rangers don't win the Scottish Cup ffs?

He's got that right, as sad a view as it is. Apathy at our fortunes in any tournament we're competing is a mindset I can't fathom. Don't get me wrong, I've called the Uefa Cup the Consolation Cup since even before Celtic's Savul year, but I still invested my heart and soul into our run in it. Same as when we play East Fife in the first round of any domestic cup.

Or considers trebles to be too commonplace to be concerned about? I thought I left that bollocks behind at FF.

I've been accused of many things in my life as a Rangers fan, but not being that interested in a treble is another mode of thought alien to me.

I dont frequent other forums but have to say I havent seen any revelling in Timmy's demise on here.

Then you've not looked Craig. Last post and second page: http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17319

And it's been plastered all over the Rangers section too.

In fact, I am surprised any Gers forums feel that way simply because Tony Mowbray was a great manager for Celtic.... in Rangers fans opinion.

Absolutely agreed, I'm gutted he's gone.

Revelling in his sacking/resignation is short-sightedness in the extreme. They now have an opportunity to replace him with a superior tactician. Personally I would have preferred he stayed because, without doubt, Walter had the beating of him, as did Gus McPherson apparently :D

You seem to be almagamating 2 issues - one being their defeat and subsequent scarves, protests and you name it. The other issue being his firing.

You're right, no one appears to be revelling over the firing, but they are revelling over how bad Celtic are to lose 4-0, which is fair enough.

The problem is that it's been more important on here than our loss last night, in my view, and that's worrying to see as a Rangers fan.

Then you've not looked Craig. Last post and second page: http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17319

Absolutely agreed, I'm gutted he's gone.

You seem to be almagamating 2 issues - one being their defeat and subsequent scarves, protests and you name it. The other issue being his firing.

You're right, no one appears to be revelling over the firing, but they are revelling over how bad Celtic are to lose 4-0, which is fair enough.

The problem is that it's been more important on here than our loss last night, in my view, and that's worrying to see as a Rangers fan.

1. Cheers man. Didnt spot it as I havent been around much - busy at work.

2. Yep, gutted he's gone. He was good for us so why should we be happy he is gone ?

3. I am revelling in their losing 4-0, absolutely. I am also gutted that we lost last night - the two are mutually exclusive events to me. I went from the euphoria of seeing them down 4-0 to shouting "fuck" at a company shareholders event (I dont expect a promotion or pay raise anytime soon) when I saw we had dropped a goal late on.

4. THE most important thing is RANGERS - win, lose or draw - cup, league, friendly - that is THE most important thing. Some though will simply be taking solace from the fact our fiercest rivals had an appalling result. I wont deny them that solace - and I would think that all of us have taken at least a small bit of comfort from that - but it still wont mask my disappointment that we are out of the cup. My solace is not so much from their result last night but more the fact that it edges US a step closer to the league, which is the holy grail for us this season, IMO.

1. Cheers man. Didnt spot it as I havent been around much - busy at work.

You're welcome :)

2. Yep, gutted he's gone. He was good for us so why should we be happy he is gone ?

He was our best signing last summer :D

3. I am revelling in their losing 4-0, absolutely. I am also gutted that we lost last night - the two are mutually exclusive events to me. I went from the euphoria of seeing them down 4-0 to shouting "fuck" at a company shareholders event (I dont expect a promotion or pay raise anytime soon) when I saw we had dropped a goal late on.

Horrible wasn't it. From the 'is that really happening' over there to losing our match - talk about mixed emotions. I was left with far more disdain though.

4. THE most important thing is RANGERS - win, lose or draw - cup, league, friendly - that is THE most important thing. Some though will simply be taking solace from the fact our fiercest rivals had an appalling result. I wont deny them that solace - and I would think that all of us have taken at least a small bit of comfort from that - but it still wont mask my disappointment that we are out of the cup. My solace is not so much from their result last night but more the fact that it edges US a step closer to the league, which is the holy grail for us this season, IMO.

Fair words, none of us have dismissed Celtic's result including me. But I begrudge any supporter prioritising it over our defeat. Which very much appears to exclude you.

There is a major difference between prioritising their troubles over our defeat at this present period in time .

My opinion in not being all that bothered about last night is purely down to the players available to the management , remember we have hardly had it easy up there in the last few years yet we went there last with 3/4 of our first choice midfield missing either through illness or suspension .

We went until the last minute with that team until they scored a very lucky goal , over the piece yes they deserved the win , but we were hardly hammered , and yes this game was lost at Ibrox .

I never want to see a Rangers team lose but at this present time in the situation we are in with the squad stretched to the absolute point of breaking then I can live with last nights result , and yes that may be tempered by their problems but so what , we live in the west of scotland goldfish bowl and if we cant gloat in their hour of despair then when can we gloat .

sorry but that's just my opinion , and before we jump the gun Dundee Utd are more than capable of winning this cup so dont think Septic have it won .

Is getting one over your biggest rivals and having a bit of banter not one of the joys of the game? I don't disagree with the premise of what your are saying but some Rangers fans on a message board revelling in Celtic's downfall is hardly evidence to suggest that I or others value that more than our own success.

But, I'll focus on what positives I can draw, and for me, we are one step closer to the title and securing �£10-�£15m in Champions League income which helps address our debt and therefore long-term future; and could well determine whether we have any money to spend in the summer in strengthening the squad - something last night's result showed us is needed if we want to kick on from here.

Well that was an utter shambles last night. Did we want to win that game?

My mate text me at FT - 'as long as we win more trophies than them I don't care!'

Is this the right attitude to have? Worry about your own team and fuck the rest, that's what I say. He was more concerned about Celtic being shite and losing 4-0 at St Mirren than us being put out the cup when a treble was a high possibility.

Anyway, that last night was shocking. I felt for the supporters who travelled up there to watch that. We never looked like winning that game.

I felt for the supporters who travelled up there to watch that. We never looked like winning that game.

I was up there. Strange old night. Right from hearing the starting line up which completely baffled us to the shock of losing that late goal. To be honest I found the atmosphere a bit surreal. We were shite on the pitch yet a lot of guys round about me were more worried abut their game. We deserved to lose last night I think. McGregor kept us in at times. God knows what he was doing at the winner though. Don't care who wins it now. WE can't thats the bottom line for me. No days out at Hampden now. Lets get the Title wrapped ASAP. We won't throw it away now I'm convinced of that but I want a win at Tyny on Saturday

I am getting much more of an impression of bears being happy at Timmy's misery than being gutted at last night's result.

I never thought I'd see the day when we enjoyed their misery more than grieving our own failure.

I think you are reading more into the gloating than is actually there.

People are not more interested in Celtic failure than Rangers success. But in a competition in which we both compete and realistically only one of us will win (the SPL) our success is intrinsically linked to their failure. For a multitude of reasons the league is more important and hence the Celtic defeat was an important result for many fans as they feel it finally killed off any hopes they still had of winning it. (Personally I think it was over before that).

I'm sure most/all fans first reactions was disappointment at our result. However, it is hard to argue with the fact that their result may have been more closely linked to our longterm future (again if you did not feel they had already lost the league).

I think you are reading more into the gloating than is actually there.

People are not more interested in Celtic failure than Rangers success. But in a competition in which we both compete and realistically only one of us will win (the SPL) our success is intrinsically linked to their failure. For a multitude of reasons the league is more important and hence the Celtic defeat was an important result for many fans as they feel it finally killed off any hopes they still had of winning it. (Personally I think it was over before that).

Not true and you know it. It was the manner and scoreline which has been gloated over. We all know Rangers have won this league, and it's been over for a while. So clearly that result for St Mirren was every inch about many fans gloating over a crap team thrashing Celtic.

I'm sure most/all fans first reactions was disappointment at our result. However, it is hard to argue with the fact that their result may have been more closely linked to our longterm future (again if you did not feel they had already lost the league).

Still just don't agree. The evidence on this forum has been at least 60/40 in favour of gloating about Celtic rather than sorting through the more important wreckage of our cup exit.

If Celtic had won this forum would have been absolutely full of chat about our cup exit, and most of us would have been only interested in it.

As it is, it's been far more about Celtic's amusing misfortunes than more important issues.

And out of interest, you use the word gloating, yet it's in our 'long term interest' that they won because Mogga would still be in a job and they'd definitely stay rubbish. So it's a contradiction in messages.