Ah so it does matter now, our result was and is more important than the tims result, ffs make up yer minds.....

That isn't what I said at all. I said the Tim's result was more important in terms of helping us to secure the title and the financial benefits that brings. That doesn't mean that a defeat in the QF of the SC doesn't matter.

"We've got a group of players, we have to use them and we have a game at Tynecastle on Saturday, which is an early kick-off, and a game at Perth on Tuesday night. Four games in 10 days is a lot to ask for any players. "

Sums it up for me. More bothered about the league.

It isn't a case of either or. The idea was to win them all.

We could lose several league games and still win the SPL comfortably but one loss in the Cup and it's gone for good. So where did the margin of error really lie. It has nothing to do with whether one trophy is more important than another.

What's done is done but, for me, tonight saw an error of judgement, a mistake. That's all. Now we move on.

Corals have selik at 2/7 enough said.

Good for Corals. Would you expect any different given the other OF team are out ? Let them have the SC - I will happily (as happy as one can be to lose a trophy) let them have the SC so long as we win the league. The SC doesn't provide them with a Euro spot (given they get the CL qualifiers anyway) and it won't provide them with significant income either. So give me the choice between the two and I say let them be 2/7 for the SC so long as we are. 2/7 for the league.

Guest Inside Left
It isn't a case of either or. The idea was to win them all.

We could lose several league games and still win the SPL comfortably but one loss in the Cup and it's gone for good. So where did the margin of error really lie. It has nothing to do with whether one trophy is more important than another.

What's done is done but, for me, tonight saw an error of judgement, a mistake. That's all. Now we move on.

With this all the way.

Think how great we'd be feeling today if we'd negotiated that hurdle last night.

That said we blew it at Ibrox, which isn't like us.

As soon as I sat down to watch the game last night and saw the lineups I expected us to lose. I didn't see anything in the following 90 minutes which changed my mind either. We just seemed to be setup awkwardly with quite a few players playing out of their normal position and when a few of those were youngsters, they seemed to struggle. Our midfield was pretty non-existent and it was disappointing to see so little of Edu as I've been very impressed with him this season despite not playing much. Last night was one of those games where if we'd controlled the midfield, we could well have ground out a result, but United just over-ran us and could have taken a few goals off us at least. Our defence was its usual reliable self, but was left exposed, so its not surprising we conceded in the end.

Strange thing is that I'm not even too bothered by the result. Not sure if that's because I didn't expect us to win, or because we had our chance to beat them in the first game or maybe because with the state we're in, it really is all about the SPL this season and anything else is a bonus.

To vbe honest I dont think playing Boyd , Miller and or Novo would have made any difference , we dont have enough back up in midfield , it aint rocket science , apart from Edu the rest were just making up numbers .

You might get away with playing Lafferty , or Naismith in midfield when you have your first choice beside them but not when the entire midfield is changed , any way just an opinion

As soon as I sat down to watch the game last night and saw the lineups I expected us to lose. I didn't see anything in the following 90 minutes which changed my mind either. We just seemed to be setup awkwardly with quite a few players playing out of their normal position and when a few of those were youngsters, they seemed to struggle.

We had a maximum of TWO players out of position - Lafferty and Naismith and there were NO available senior players who could play those positions as their "natural" position.

It shows you what a load of guff this "out of position" criticism is.

To me that was the Gersnet DREAM TEAM, the team Walter has been pilloried on here for not playing (well maybe with Novo replacing Lafferty, but that goes against the "play them young" argument and the "give him a run in the team argument", both of which are very prevalent on here).

Think about it.

Walter is lambasted for playing players out of position - see above.

Two years ago Walter blasted for not rotating the squad when we had so many games while we were well ahead in the league - well we have 4 games in 10 days and don't want to blow the league again - Walter has had the pain of two seasons ago and he's taking no chances.

Walter is continually criticised for not playing youth, or not in their natural positions - there were three out last night and ALL in their "natural" positions. Add to that younger players like Whittaker, Lafferty, Edu and Naismith and you have a pretty young team. MacGregor and Beasley aren't exactly old either, and who would leave out Weir and Papac?

Walter criticised for playing 4-5-1 in difficult away games or for too many defensive players on, he played 4-4-2 with 4 forwards and a winger that kicks that one into touch.

Walter criticised for not dropping the likes of Miller and Boyd when they are not playing well - he does so and get's lambasted again. In fact Walter is usually criticised whenever he plays Miller and/or Boyd.

Walter pilloried for not playing a fit Edu and Beasley - well they both played.

People really have to work out what they want because most don't seem to have a clue. It seems they'd criticise Walter for not calling heads if it comes up tails and again for him not calling tails when it comes up heads. The amazing thing is that in about 38 calls he's only got it wrong twice - and even this time it took a last minute, bundled goal.

Seeing people pillory a manager for winning the league and league cup double but not winning the treble is a first

for me and it sure is a sign of these moaning minnie, greetin' face times.

Come on in his proper three seasons Walter has won 2 of 3 for all three domestic trophies. He's won as much in three seasons as Eck did five, and without the two terrible, terrible seasons.

But hey let's slag off Walter and get misty eyed again about the PLG era again...