I am getting much more of an impression of bears being happy at Timmy's misery than being gutted at last night's result.

I never thought I'd see the day when we enjoyed their misery more than grieving our own failure.

Neither did I mate but this thread is full of people who only see Rangers reflected in sellick's misery. What kind of muppet doesn't care if Rangers don't win the Scottish Cup ffs? Or considers trebles to be too commonplace to be concerned about? I thought I left that bollocks behind at FF.

They're not exactly 'that' rare. We won 3 trebles between 1993 and 2003. Has any English club even won 3 trebles?

So you are trying to prove trebles are not rare by saying we got three in one of our strongest ever decades and no English team has even that many in the entire history of the game? Excellent work; Im convinced. They are commonplace.

I am getting much more of an impression of bears being happy at Timmy's misery than being gutted at last night's result.

I never thought I'd see the day when we enjoyed their misery more than grieving our own failure.

I think you've got it well wrong. That result is also a Rangers result, it brings us one game closer to the title - our main goal.

The fact is, many don't think winning the League and League Cup double is a failure. If not winning the treble is a failure then Rangers have been a failed club for the majority of its history.

We lose a tie in one of the cups almost every year so it's easy to be sanguine when at the same time you've just won the other cup are simultaneously pretty much guaranteed the championship.

If you are so angry at every Rangers loss, despite the successes then you'll be unhappy most years.

Happiness and unhappiness are mostly choices, slagging people off for not being unhappy without good reason doesn't sound very healthy to me.

If I was offered Rangers to win the league by 16 points and the League Cup but not the SC at the beginning of the season, I'd have taken it in an instant.

I personally thought the Treble was doomed from the moment people started talking about it in Jan-Feb. Smith was spot on in his comments the other day about how people totally underestimate how tough a feat it is. I think a lot of Bears thought we just had to turn up and collect it this year, but Trebles are only ever won by pretty special sides and shouldn't be devalued by the sort of blase talk we've heard this season. Far be it from me to be positive, but a League Cup and SPL title represents a pretty fantastic season given the gloom surrounding the club last summer, and I'd have snapped your arm off for it at the time. Let Ross County have their cup.

Neither did I mate but this thread is full of people who only see Rangers reflected in sellick's misery. What kind of muppet doesn't care if Rangers don't win the Scottish Cup ffs? Or considers trebles to be too commonplace to be concerned about? I thought I left that bollocks behind at FF.

I must be on the wrong forum, I need to find one where people can cope when their football team loses now and again - especially when they pretty much win two of the three domestic trophies up for grabs. You must have been suicidal in our bad years - yet somehow you yearn for the return of PLG - masochist?

I must be on the wrong forum, I need to find one where people can cope when their football team loses now and again - especially when they pretty much win two of the three domestic trophies up for grabs. You must have been suicidal in our bad years - yet somehow you yearn for the return of PLG - masochist?

Its nothing to do with coping when your team has a bad result. This team had the chance to do something otherworldly spectacular this season, and last night that disappeared. If we manage the double its going to be probability defying super season for us, and I am going to be fooking delighted; but to just cest la vie an opportunity to write ourselves into the history books is just too carefree for me. Im not going to lay into the team, or say its an abberation; im just going to be quietly disappointed.

I was gutted last night but it was quickly tempered by the mitigation of the SPL and LC.

But I'll say again, Walter went for the spectacular two seasons ago and due to circumstances lost the most important one and was dragged through the mud for it. This season, with a different approach he may have lost the cup, but he's certainly not going to lose the league.

Trebles are hard and we lost in the final minute of a replay to the best team in Scotland outside the top two. There are plenty of mitigating circumstances as well. You can't expect to win a treble and there is no justification for being overly angry if we stop at two thirds of the way there.

Disappointed yes, massively angry no.

I was gutted last night but it was quickly tempered by the mitigation of the SPL and LC.

But I'll say again, Walter went for the spectacular two seasons ago and due to circumstances lost the most important one and was dragged through the mud for it. This season, with a different approach he may have lost the cup, but he's certainly not going to lose the league.

Trebles are hard and we lost in the final minute of a replay to the best team in Scotland outside the top two. There are plenty of mitigating circumstances as well. You can't expect to win a treble and there is no justification for being overly angry if we stop at two thirds of the way there.

Disappointed yes, massively angry no.

This all misses the point. I am gutted at losing last night, as you clearly are, but while you're going on about levels of disapproval, you seem to be moving away from the point that we're making; many Rangers fans seem to be revelling in timmy's misfortune more than being bothered about our loss last night.

And the day you hate Celtic more than you love Rangers is a sad, sad day indeed.

Everyone is entitled to be disappointed and, indeed, angry at us getting put out of the cup last night. But our season will still be an unmitigated success with an SPL and LC double in the trophy room. FFS, almost to a man (or woman, boy or girl) were on here last July with nothing but worry and trepidation about where this season would lead us. The Tims had just spunked 2 mill on Mowbray, Venus and Grant (good work Pete....) as well as spending about 5 mill on other players whilst we lost 10 players and signed one loan signing on the last day of the season.

Anyone on here, hand on heart, can say they expected us to have won the LC and with a 10 point (and 2 game) advantage in the league ? Come on chaps, last night was a huge disappointment - but the bigger picture has to be winning the league and obtaining the CL riches on offer - and we are a shoo-in for that.

Where we are now, competitively, to where we considered ourselves last July is a million miles from each other - many of us were worried that we would be nothing more than a distant speck on the rearview mirror of Celtic.

It isnt that any of us are not disappointed with last night, it also isnt that we dont care about not winning the SC, it is just that some of us choose to see the same picture from a different angle.

I wanted the treble as badly as any of us did - but will take comfort from the fact that we will win the league and get the CL riches that go with that.

Whilst Dundee Utd are not a fantastic team they are decent enough to beat either of the OF on their day - sometimes you have a bad day at the office and last night we had one. But this season could have been so much different, and far, far worse, than it currently looks.

This all misses the point. I am gutted at losing last night, as you clearly are, but while you're going on about levels of disapproval, you seem to be moving away from the point that we're making; many Rangers fans seem to be revelling in timmy's misfortune more than being bothered about our loss last night.

And the day you hate Celtic more than you love Rangers is a sad, sad day indeed.

I dont frequent other forums but have to say I havent seen any revelling in Timmy's demise on here. In fact, I am surprised any Gers forums feel that way simply because Tony Mowbray was a great manager for Celtic.... in Rangers fans opinion.

Revelling in his sacking/resignation is short-sightedness in the extreme. They now have an opportunity to replace him with a superior tactician. Personally I would have preferred he stayed because, without doubt, Walter had the beating of him, as did Gus McPherson apparently :D