Also, I think the guaranteed CL money for winning the league very much makes the Tim's result more important than ours. Certainly in terms of what money we might have to spend to refresh the squad and our ability to reduce the debt.

Who were the ones crying out for the young guns to have a run out in the cup games earlier in the season anyway, can't have it all ways. Dissapointed we got beat but not the end of the world

There's a difference between resting players against Queen of the South and resting them at Tannadice when we have half a team missing.

If we were really taking the attitude of resting players, then why was Weir playing?

There's a difference between resting players against Queen of the South and resting them at Tannadice when we have half a team missing.

If we were really taking the attitude of resting players, then why was Weir playing?

Wait and i will give Walter a phone :whistle:

League is over 38 games, means much much more. It's our bread and butter, Walter never knew St Mirren were going to rip Celtic apart, he was concentrating on what is best for the club. Which was Sunday, we had our chance at home and blew it then.

Its a tricky one. And Smith isn't to know how the games will pan out.

Had Celtic and Rangers won tonight, no-one would bat an eyelid. But then if we then go to Tynecastle on Saturday and get beat, and Celtic won again...suddenly its a wee chink in the armour and there are faint hopes for the Green and Grey hoops fightback.

Not saying I like it but I can understand why Smith has done it. I think we also need to be realistic in terms of the overall state of the club.

What for...?

To win the trophy that doesn't mean much, the trophy we could have prevented them from winning, but we don't have that opportunity now, ....of course it doesn't matter does it ? wonder what captain Cutlass and his men would think of that attitude, but there again I don't, I know what he would have thought.

To win the trophy that doesn't mean much, the trophy we could have prevented them from winning, but we don't have that opportunity now, ....of course it doesn't matter does it ? wonder what captain Cutlass and his men would think of that attitude, but there again I don't, I know what he would have thought.

You've lost me.... Who said it doesn't matter?