We are offering just under �£1m per annum on basic pay, �£18k a week so about �£936k a year, with add ons such as appearance and goal bonues that would be over �£1m a year. That wouldn't be a huge pay rise as earlier stories report that Birmingham were going to offer double his wages. In summary he wouldn't leave us if he was going to get the same pay as we are offering.

I totally agree that's why I wouldn't waste too much time worrying what a few hacks are guessing at , what will be will be , but I believe he will go and we will just move on with things . Like it or not until our future is secured whether by Ellis or who ever we will be at Muir and LLoyds behest .

So Mr Ferguson say's he had to get sharper fitter faster for the EPL. Well Barry i will give you this. If you got faster fitter sharper in the SPL you may have had more success with Rangers. Paul le Guen tried to make the team faster fitter and sharper and you stabbed him in the back. The truth is you played a handful of decent games since you came back from Blackburn. Your big blown up ego probably stopped you getting fitter and faster in Scotland. You were always carrying some sort of injury which seemed to stifle this new found faster fitter sharper when you were with rangers. Not Rangers doing or the SPL, just a pure lack of motivation from yourself. You thought you were bigger than the club.

If you do get your chum to join you down in Birmingham then i have one thing to say. Watch your back Alex.

So Mr Ferguson say's he had to get sharper fitter faster for the EPL. Well Barry i will give you this. If you got faster fitter sharper in the SPL you may have had more success with Rangers. Paul le Guen tried to make the team faster fitter and sharper and you stabbed him in the back. The truth is you played a handful of decent games since you came back from Blackburn. Your big blown up ego probably stopped you getting fitter and faster in Scotland. You were always carrying some sort of injury which seemed to stifle this new found faster fitter sharper when you were with rangers. Not Rangers doing or the SPL, just a pure lack of motivation from yourself. You thought you were bigger than the club.

If you do get your chum to join you down in Birmingham then i have one thing to say. Watch your back Alex.

Might have been a good post but for the PLG nonsense.

The one thing I don't like about this, and Boyd is by no means the only modern footballer guilty of it, is a hugely inflated sense of his own importance.

'I'll decide my future at the end of the season' as if somehow he's the most important player at the club and we hang on him.

I don't like it when players seem to hold clubs to ransom in this way, and perpetuate an egotistical front where the club is less important than the player.

Might have been a good post but for the PLG nonsense.

That is also a matter of opinion. No matter how good a manager you are the players make or break you. You can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

The one thing I don't like about this, and Boyd is by no means the only modern footballer guilty of it, is a hugely inflated sense of his own importance.

'I'll decide my future at the end of the season' as if somehow he's the most important player at the club and we hang on him.

I don't like it when players seem to hold clubs to ransom in this way, and perpetuate an egotistical front where the club is less important than the player.

Rangers will survive without Chris Boyd believe me. We have replaced better players than him.