KRIS says he will make contract decision at end of season

More...

KRIS BOYD has insisted he has not agreed to go anywhere and is totally focused on helping Rangers to the title after reports yesterday stated that he had concluded a deal with Birmingham City.

It was suggested strongly in certain quarters that the SPL's top scorer had already agreed to be reunited with Alex McLeish and Barry Ferguson.

A Rangers contract offer is on the table and Boyd says he will make his decision at the end of the campaign.

Boyd said: "Right now I'm only thinking about Rangers.

"There is obviously going to be some speculation about my future but as things stand I have made no decision.

"I have put everything to the back of my mind until the end of the season.

"At the moment I am 100 per cent focused on Rangers and 100 per cent committed to Rangers."

The 26-year-old striker reckons his form has not been what it should be since returning from groin surgery.

He has been stuck on 99 SPL goals for Rangers for five games and was replaced at halt-time in Wednesday's 4-1 defeat by St Johnstone.

"I have not been pleased with my form since I have returned from injury so that's all I'm concentrating on," he told The Sun..

"We have big games coming up and that's all I'm thinking about - nothing else."

Last part is the most important one for me. Glad he's admitted his form has been poor so hopefully we'll see an improvement tomorrow.

To be honest Frankie we are no further on than when walter brought this mess out into the open months ago , yes we will win the league and get into the C/L bar a miraculous set of results in the C/L, but we are still in the same position re players , I dont know why everyone is getting so worked up about it .

Unless we are sold Muir is going to stall on these contracts , nothing has changed .

This is probably a bit of the point you were making now I've read it again :whistle:

Yeah, it is difficult to know the club's intentions for contracts but if we do win the league, I'd fancy everyone (including Boyd) out of contract will be offered a new one - although we know Steven Smith has rejected an offer.

Probably the most interesting/important one will be if the manager is offered one as I'd be surprised if he and his team continued without one after the summer. Next expensive will be Boyd but I certainly wouldn't be going OTT on what to offer him depending on what kind of replacement(s) we have lined up (if any).

I wouldn't blame Boyd for wanting to try his luck elsewhere but I do wish he'd make up his mind quickly to enable us to plan without him. Again, privately that may already have happened.

Yeah, it is difficult to know the club's intentions for contracts but if we do win the league, I'd fancy everyone (including Boyd) out of contract will be offered a new one - although we know Steven Smith has rejected an offer.

Probably the most interesting/important one will be if the manager is offered one as I'd be surprised if he and his team continued without one after the summer. Next expensive will be Boyd but I certainly wouldn't be going OTT on what to offer him depending on what kind of replacement(s) we have lined up (if any).

I wouldn't blame Boyd for wanting to try his luck elsewhere but I do wish he'd make up his mind quickly to enable us to plan without him. Again, privately that may already have happened.

I believe that to be the case Frankie , our old Doc has already told me they expect him to sign and I dont believe McLeish would not have told Walter , that is one thing Eck aout Eck he's very upfront and honest especially when it comes to us .

Also dont be surprised if our goalie ends up down in the midlands either .

Are Brum no longer likely to sign Hart?

There seems to be a bit of confusion over Man City's intentions , also the money city want is quite steep as he has played brilliantly as you probably know , again we are about to enter the silly season plus the world cup always throws a spanner in the works when it comes to selling/buying players , it's a bit like sharks when blood is in the water

Seems like the continuity we've had in terms of personnel over the last 18months is about to change drastically then if McGregor, Bougherra and Boyd all leave...

I hope Mr Chester is earning his crust to find suitable replacements and I hope Mr Bain earns his in terms of securing the kind of fees we'll need to rebuild.

Will be exciting to see some new faces but worrying that - once again - they'll not improve our team.

Correct me if i am wrong but did rangers not offer him 18.000p\week. 1 mill is just over 19.000 a week, so the money difference is not really that great. I don't see the financial side being the swaying point if this is the case but playing in bigger games would be his motivation to go.

Or is my arithmetic become so bad?