Maurice Edu: I want Rangers to sign Hamilton's James McArthur

I'm wondering which gutter rag is responsible for this because there's no quotes from Edu backing up the article title. This twisting of people's words is getting beyond a joke.

"But he could also do well here. I believe he's a Rangers fan so you never know what could happen."

Seems clear as crystal to me m8.

"But he could also do well here. I believe he's a Rangers fan so you never know what could happen."

Seems clear as crystal to me m8.

The only thing that's clear to me is that he's clearly being quizzed about McCarthur and answering in his usual nice, polite & respectful manner. He clearly doesn't say what the article title suggests, especially when combined with some well arranged quotes. However, I'm not going to argue the semantics of it with you Danny. I've made my point crystal clear. :flipa::D

The only thing that's clear to me is that he's clearly being quizzed about McCarthur and answering in his usual nice, polite & respectful manner. He clearly doesn't say what the article title suggests, especially when combined with some well arranged quotes. However, I'm not going to argue the semantics of it with you Danny. I've made my point crystal clear. :flipa::D

He clearly does say what it suggests. I don't know where you're getting this argument from.

But I'll leave it.

He clearly does say what it suggests. I don't know where you're getting this argument from.

But I'll leave it.

:D

To be honest, the most important thing to me is that if we're after him we shouldn't be trying to compete with English teams willing to spend millions on a player like him because we just can't afford to spend the same amount of money as teams from down south. I wouldn't mind us signing that sort of player for a few hundred grand, but a couple of million wouldn't be good business for us this year while we've still got financial worries.

We should probably go and raid a few from Romania for a few hundred grand each and put them on medium wages.

After all, Romania is now an EC country and so no work permit required (unless they are not full members yet).

5 grand a week would probably be at least 5 times what they are on and a move to a richer nation with a decent wage like that is always going to be an attraction.

One caveat for me is that while the first score was embarrassing against the champs of that country, overall I thought we were the better team, which doesn't suggest too many players better than we have.