Positivity from the Chair or waffle ?

To be fair to SDM he's bluffed more than a few of us plebs in his time...

I'm sure the bank are squeezing hard but I'm also sure SDM will be squeezing just as hard back.

That was my point Frankie , it's easy to bluff people who have emotional ties to the club and in many way , the club is their life .

however it's far harder as he is finding out to bluff against cold hard professionals who only see the bottom line , I dont see him in any position of strength , especially as if Wabash eludes to his company books are being held back again .

I didn't mean more than a few fans but that he has bluffed cold, hard professionals more than once...

That, of course, may make his job harder with people being aware of the ENICs, NTLs and JJBs of this world. ;)

I find it a little strange. The business plan is in place so why do they need further negotations with the bank. It's unlikely that anything will happen that would not be cover by one of the business plan scenarios.

The bank facilities are in place through 2010 (per AJ at the AGM).

The June 2010 Accounts can only be signed off (in the autumn) once we have in place the necessary bank facilities for at least 12 months from date of signing i.e. in practice through 2011.

I think AJ is merely playing cautious because the unknowns at this stage include:

- will we win the league!

- will we qualify for the CL group stages automatically

- if not, will we end up in the CL or EL after the qualifying rounds

- what facilities will the bank agree to through 2011

- will Walter stay

- which players will we receive bids for (Boogie, Davis, McGregor, Wilson etc)

- will Boyd sign his new contract, thus using up �£18k per week of the wages budget

- will MIH survive

- if not, what will the impact be on our ownership

- will we have new owners irrespective of the MIH position

- if so, will we see an injection of funds

- what will the take-up be of season tickets

::

If businesses like certainty, we're certainly in about as uncertain a place as it's certainly possible to be. Of that, I'm certain.

The bank facilities are in place through 2010 (per AJ at the AGM).

The June 2010 Accounts can only be signed off (in the autumn) once we have in place the necessary bank facilities for at least 12 months from date of signing i.e. in practice through 2011.

I think AJ is merely playing cautious because the unknowns at this stage include:

- will we win the league!

- will we qualify for the CL group stages automatically

- if not, will we end up in the CL or EL after the qualifying rounds

- what facilities will the bank agree to through 2011

- will Walter stay

- which players will we receive bids for (Boogie, Davis, McGregor, Wilson etc)

- will Boyd sign his new contract, thus using up �£18k per week of the wages budget

- will MIH survive

- if not, what will the impact be on our ownership

- will we have new owners irrespective of the MIH position

- if so, will we see an injection of funds

- what will the take-up be of season tickets

If businesses like certainty, we're certainly in about as uncertain a place as it's certainly possible to be. Of that, I'm certain.

I can't believe that most of these 2unknowns" are not already dealt with within the business plan. It would cover scenarios of us being in the CL and not being in the CL, together with the income required and/or available from transfers, and the associated wage budget and season ticket ticket take-up.

If MIH was going to go under it would have done so by now, so i don't believe that's a major consideration.

Obviously if there are new owners then all bets are potentially off, but if the business plan was as heart-wrenching as they made out then it must contain provisions for these events.