IBROX TAKEOVER WILL SWAY BOYD

By Gary Keown

KRIS BOYD is waiting for news on a Rangers takeover before making a decision on his future.

The Scotland striker, out of contract at the end of the season, has already been made offers by a handful of clubs including Birmingham City, and has not held any recent talks over a new deal at Ibrox.

However, he insists it is not certain that he will be leaving the SPL champions as he waits to see whether new owners come in during the summer.

London-based property developer Andrew Ellis has still to put his cards on the table, while talk of a supporter-driven buyout and a consortium led by director Dave King has yet to produce anything definite.

However, Boyd is willing to be patient as he weighs up perhaps the biggest call of his career. The 26-year-old, who was yesterday named on the four-man shortlist for the PFA Scotland Player of the Year award, said: ââ?¬Å?I have not made my mind up. I donââ?¬â?¢t want to jump in.

ââ?¬Å?We donââ?¬â?¢t even have a manager under contract for next season or a coaching staff.

ââ?¬Å?There are more important things that need to happen at Rangers than Kris Boyd. Walter Smith is on the verge of another title, so theyââ?¬â?¢d be better getting him sorted.

ââ?¬Å?We will see what happens in the summer.

ââ?¬Å?Thereââ?¬â?¢s a big decision to be made on what happens to Rangers in terms of the clubââ?¬â?¢s own future.

ââ?¬Å?That will happen soon, probably.

ââ?¬Å?I hope the future of Rangers can be sorted out and then I can concentrate on getting my own future sorted. If it drags on much longer, you will get a team breaking up and people leaving. I donââ?¬â?¢t think people want that to happen.

ââ?¬Å?I am a Rangers player and delighted to be one.ââ?¬Â

Boyd is up against Steven Davis, David Weir and Andy Webster for the player of the year award.

However, he is currently on his longest run without hitting the net and is waiting for his 100th SPL goal. Boyd said: ââ?¬Å?The nomination must be for the first part of the season as the second half hasnââ?¬â?¢t been great for me.

ââ?¬Å?Looking back, I probably did rush back a bit too quickly after the groin injury I had.

ââ?¬Å?I just want to finish the season on a high, win the title and score that 100th SPL goal.ââ?¬Â

Boyd would love to reach the ton at home to Hearts on Sunday and secure the title, but he doesn�t expect that to happen.

He said: ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t see Celtic dropping points to Hibs on Saturday, so we will just have to make sure we beat Hearts and look to the following week.ââ?¬Â

Meanwhile, Rangers will be without Sasa Papac for the next Old Firm clash.

The left-back�s booking in Wednesday�s goalless draw against Dundee United took him through the 18-point disciplinary threshold.

Papac has been hit with a two-match ban because he also went through the points barrier last season.

He will miss the game with United at Tannadice on May 1 and the derby at Celtic Park three days later.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/169635/Ibrox-takeover-will-sway-Boyd

I don't really believe that Boyd would tell lies by saying that he hasn't decided what he's doing yet if he had already agreed to go to St.Andrews to play for Brum. He's always seemed a genuine and honest character.

I don't really believe that Boyd would tell lies by saying that he hasn't decided what he's doing yet if he had already agreed to go to St.Andrews to play for Brum. He's always seemed a genuine and honest character.

Was watching something on t.v. where a player was talking about having to lie to team mates etc despite having signed to go elsewhere. Forgotten who it was. However, I can see that perhaps being dishonest might be the best cause of action in the short term.

Though, tbh, I don't believe Boyd has signed anything yet. :flipa: @ BD. :whistle:

It's kind of ironic - December was the only month where he actually looked like the valuable asset we all want him to be. Up till then he was fairly average, and getting the goals. Since his return from injury his form has been absolutely shocking, and fair play to Walter for protecting him by claiming he brought him back too early, but he was only out a couple of months at the most unlike Thomson who took a while to get form back but had been out a year or so.

Boyd has receded into his shell and the progress we saw in December is but a distant memory and now he's not EVEN showing the kind of form which divides fans as to his merits.

It's kind of ironic - December was the only month where he actually looked like the valuable asset we all want him to be. Up till then he was fairly average, and getting the goals.

I think that's harsh again. His overall game play was massively improved in the early half of the season and when allied with his predatory instincts elevated him above average. He's been pretty mince since his injury though.