Rangers 2 : 0 Hearts - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I remember at 1-0, a couple of times he did stay up the park when it would have been more prudent to get back and concentrate on his defensive duties.

No issues with him wanting to take penalties though - as long as guys like Miller and Novo give him short thrift.

Guest Flying Hippo

Bougherra is a delight to watch and if that means he is occasionally caught out of position then so be it. We have too few flair players in our team.

I don't have a problem with him doing it in general, and love it when he does do it. There have been several times this season when it's been one of our few attacking options, it can be great to see.

I just got the feeling that he ended up doing it almost to showboat in the second half, and put his defensive duties to one side to do it at one point, at least.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't do it in the future, but there are times and places for it, and he just went overboard with it yesterday IMO.

Fair enough. But we have also seen a few occasions when we have been willing him to get forward when at 0-0 because no-one else is driving us forward.

Maybe I watch with rose tinted specs on too often but I didnt notice him doing it too often on Saturday over and above what he would normally do.

Bougherra is a delight to watch and if that means he is occasionally caught out of position then so be it. We have too few flair players in our team.

Totally agree if Bougherra does go then it is up to other players to fill in the gap he leaves. If he has to keep looking back then there is no point in giving him that freedom.

As for the penalty. Was anyone confident that Miller would score with his normal club foot shots at goal. I wasn't.

Novo also gives me the jitters with his penalties that just manage to cross the line without hitting the back of the net. Full confidence in Boyd he has a perfect penalty technique although he will miss one now and again.

Totally agree if Bougherra does go then it is up to other players to fill in the gap he leaves. If he has to keep looking back then there is no point in giving him that freedom.

As for the penalty. Was anyone confident that Miller would score with his normal club foot shots at goal. I wasn't.

Novo also gives me the jitters with his penalties that just manage to cross the line without hitting the back of the net. Full confidence in Boyd he has a perfect penalty technique although he will miss one now and again.

Novo has only missed one penalty iirc for us and I think in Scotland as well.