Rangers and Celtic to make history with Boston friendly clash?

Any evidence of this?

Most salient post in the thread. The myth of the 'US market' or the 'far east market'...I would point you to the 16,000 attendance the last time they played, as quoted in the article; unless there's an English angle, the TV bods will lose interest (at least, they won't be offering the huge amounts of money of legend) with that pitiful kind of fan appeal.

I remember a Playing for Rangers annual I had when I was young, it was the season after we did a NZ and Oz tour, must have been nack in 83-84 ish. The attendances weren't that enormous then and I can't see any reason why they would be of a size to tempt foreign broadcasters and spectators now.

Pre season is about fitness, not playing your biggest rivals in front of 70,000

Agree but can we afford to knock-back the millions it is said to be on offer. I doubt it.

I'm not sure I understand - are we not playing a friendly against them next month?

Yes we are, and it wont get anywhere near a capacity crowd either.

Well one end will be full, and in a real friendly party atmosphere, but the rest of the ground..........eerie silence!!