VB Letter to Boston Globe

Yes, it's interesting how even-handed he's suddely decided to become. Having attacked only Rangers from every possible angle, he's now offering an apology to celtic as well. It mostly just shows how sensitive the US media is to criticism and how worthwhile it was for VB to make that criticism.

VB post on Manchester is the last place on earth etc was an example of a poor response, though - adolescent religious paranoia. Nothing to do with style or trivia, everything to do with how one perceives oneself and/or Rangers. MF's approval of VB seems in stark contrast to his antipathy to the RST, but afaics they both claim ownership of the soul of Rangers and are not shy about putting forth their agenda. I don't see much difference between the two.

MF, why are you pretending you weren't aiming that dig at Bluedell when you were? Weird scenes inside the goldmine.

VB post on Manchester is the last place on earth etc was an example of a poor response, though - adolescent religious paranoia. Nothing to do with style or trivia, everything to do with how one perceives oneself and/or Rangers. MF's approval of VB seems in stark contrast to his antipathy to the RST, but afaics they both claim ownership of the soul of Rangers and are not shy about putting forth their agenda. I don't see much difference between the two.

MF, why are you pretending you weren't aiming that dig at Bluedell when you were? Weird scenes inside the goldmine.

The old mind-reader-with-an-axe-to-grind thing eh? Interesting in itself but hardly worth closer attention. :rolleyes:

Interesting...any reason why you feel it was the VB letter, and not the many other correspondents who wrote to the Globe, which was worthwhile? You totally sound like David Edgar.

Now you're resorting to insults. Are you having a bad day? :)

For what it's worth, I agree with BD that it would have been better if it had been concise. I'd go further and say it's far from the first time that I haven't even finished reading one of these pieces because I'm bored to tears less than half way through. I do have a poor attention span mind you!

Your post wasn't so subtle as to require the attentions of a mind reader. But avoid the question! It's not, as you say, very interesting.

Sorry old son, amongst all the afaics and the weird goldmines I quite lost any sense of what you were on about. Was there a question? If it was about any reference to BD then I already answered it, clearly. If there's another question in there then how about just asking it in plain language without all the silly remarks.

MF's approval of VB seems in stark contrast to his antipathy to the RST, but afaics they both claim ownership of the soul of Rangers and are not shy about putting forth their agenda. I don't see much difference between the two.

This was immediately apparent to myself too. Whilst it is a less important point than the fact that supporters (not just VB) managed to affect the behaviour of said reporter, or at least to get an apology printed, valid constructive criticism was offered of which MF did not seem to happy to accept.

Much as he would rightly challenge any poorly thought-out action or inaction of the RST etc he should accept that VBs might not be infallible and constructive criticism is acceptable.

Even when looking for a justified apology, it appears division and political maneuvering is never far from any of our clubs supporters self opinionated high heid yin big shots, some of them should try to get a life. Well done VB along with anyone else for taking the lead and soliciting an apology.