It's a neverending overhaul at this club. We've ripped up and rebuilt the squad about 4 times since the year 2000, and it'll be the same next summer aswell with 9 first teamers out of contract. It is incredibly demoralising for the support and if there's no takeover and we make a bad start to next season, i'd expect a lot more protests and a lot of empty seats

Celtic have squad depth that we could only dream about now, and it's going to be a big factor next season

Football is a never ending process of players coming and going. We haven't done an overhaul the past 2 years cause we couldn't and we actually won 2 titles.

We have had overhauls mostly because of manager changes and their own preference to players.

It's a neverending overhaul at this club. We've ripped up and rebuilt the squad about 4 times since the year 2000, and it'll be the same next summer aswell with 9 first teamers out of contract. It is incredibly demoralising for the support and if there's no takeover and we make a bad start to next season, i'd expect a lot more protests and a lot of empty seats

Celtic have squad depth that we could only dream about now, and it's going to be a big factor next season

Celtic may have better squad depth, but they don't have the winning mentality to become champions that we do.

Lennon is being hyped up as going on a great run in the SPL, and yes, he has - once the bloody league was gone. When the pressure was on, in the cup, he failed momentously.

So I'm not fearing too much from Celtic next year - my fear is our own uncertainty and insecurity - my hope is we get new owners very, very soon. That's more of a deciding factor about next season than Celtic's quality is imo.

Most of Celtic's squad is full of non fans and foreigners, there is a word for money grabbing that I'm thinking of but can't come to mind at the moment, anyone?

EDIT: Mercenaries is what I was looking for

However that doesn't concern me :D.

Edited by metlika

Guest Flying Hippo

Celtic have 2 players for every position, we no longer do, and that is a massive factor over the course of a season. They also have Maloney to come back and on form he is easily one of the best players in the SPL

Having to rely on the likes of Lafferty and Naismith to do a job with no real competition anyway is not an attractive thought, though maybe i'm too negative in my view that we won't sign anyone

Celtic have 2 players for every position, we no longer do, and that is a massive factor over the course of a season. They also have Maloney to come back and on form he is easily one of the best players in the SPL

Having to rely on the likes of Lafferty and Naismith to do a job with no real competition anyway is not an attractive thought, though maybe i'm too negative in my view that we won't sign anyone

The lack of cover in our squad whilst Celtic have plenty is a valid argument. But has Maloney shown any form since returning from Villa?

Are Middlesboro becoming the new Cardiff?

If those 2 play each other next season it will be Former SPL XI v Former SPL XI.

Im with a few others on this, if Thomson goes i dont see it being a huge loss other than its our squad nnumbers being depleated once more. If we could pick up 2.5m for him with 1 year left thats not bad.

But for numbers, either 1 of Thomson or McCulloch has to stay.