The Times(Scotland) is part closing down.

BBC Scotland has announced the Times(Scotland) is part closing their Scottish operation. Further, there will be redundancies at all levels. In effect, a skelton staff will remain.

I am truly saddened at the thought of hard working folks losing their jobs, particularly in the current economic climate. Truly, I hope everyone involved gets back into remunerative employment soonest.

I make one exception, ra Bhoy in Corduroy.

He has done it again, the Spiers effect strikes again, this rancid decaying piece of filth has been the catalyst for hundreds of other folks' misery. During his five year tenure at the Herald, the daily circulation collapsed from 120,000 daily sales to just under half. Of course, he was massively helped by the triumphalisTIC triumvirate of Editor, Mark Douglas-Home, and Deputy Editors, Kevin McKenna and Joan McAlpine. After these three were sacked, the new Editor, Charles McGee(another big Sellik man) sacked the Botanical Truth Fairy after a month or two, fingering him as a main reason for the sales slump.

The Times(Scotland) had a new Editor, Magnus Linklater; he offered Spiers a position at the blatt against all advice. It took three months for the Spiers effect to kick-in, daily sales fell from 32,000 to 27,000. The Times(Scotland) has seen a circulation fall faster than Spiers falling to his knees in front of a pysh stained reptile replete in a green'n'grey scarf.

The F-e-n-i-a-n Baptist should now be considered unemployable.

I should point out that Spiers lionised Nuremberg Hugh Keevins for bestowing the nickname, 'F-e-n-i-a-n Baptist' upon him. He filled his various Sports Diaries with name for several years.

Edited by 26th of foot

I make one exception, ra Bhoy in Corduroy.

:flipa:

I ceased buying the Herald due to Spiers and moved across to the Times. I bought it 5 or 6 times a week and found it to be an excellent paper. Since Spiers started his crap in it I now find myself buying it once a week on average.

It's a shame that it's losing some of its Scottish identity, but they really should have know better than to employ Spiers.

That is sad news... But I'm sure Radio Snyde will soften the blow for this first class broadsheet investigative journalist... ;)

These last several months, Snyde's financial performance has been such that Davie Provo', Andy Walker, a few other Sellik minded types have been retired hors de combat. Provo and Walker have jobs at Sky, Spiers has been reduced to one hour broadcasting on Thursday evening's SuperscoreboardXtra. The thinking being those in full time employment take more of a back seat to ease the stastion's financial plight.

I suspect if the Corduroy Clown is canned(let's hope he is), then he will be blowing the cheese off Bitter's dismembered member, doing some praying that his voice be heard.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING; klaxons are sounding for those in both broadcast and print wilderness, ra Botanical Truth Fairy in red sparkly heels and blue gingham dress is starting upon the yellow brick road to a wilderness near you.

A job at the retard or the evening tims abeckons!

Ra Sellik View should do right by the so-called journo prepared to continuously worship at the altar of Noel Lemmon, who can forget Spiersy lionising prose about, "Neil's rippling muscled thighs"? A position over a desk at Sellik View Towers is the very least for a so-called journo voted by ra Sellik View's readership, 'the journalist most objective when dealing with matters Sellik' award, five straight years in a row.

Seriously, that was the correct name of the award, and Spiersy romped it.

Crikey, I do feel bad about the staff getting bagged. As a former subscriber to said newspaper, which despite it's more obvious right wing failings was always worth reading both for the depth and quality of writing, I will happily admit to stopping buying both The Times and Sunday Times as soon as I saw Spiers 'work' in both. I didn't think it would lead to redundancies, but in all honesty the Scottish content of both was slightly embarrassing, plainly an afterthought. One doesn't purchase the London Times to read about a break in at a church in Carnwadric.

Can we claim the credit for the drop in sales? For every Bear like myself who ceased to buy the paper, surely there would be a tim who rushed to read Spiersy's 'objective' guff?