7 youngsters being let go apparently :(

Don't shoot the messenger. :whistle:

Glasgow Rangers Green Light For Lennon Move

14th May 2010

Lincoln City FC appear to be closing in on their first signing of the summer after the "green light" was shown by Glasgow Rangers.

Ok, so what am I talking about?

Well, Steven Lennon is among seven young players being released by Rangers. The others being Stephen Forbes, Scott Durie, Mark Weir, Paul Emslie, Steven Kinniburgh and Andrew Milne.

Lincoln's interest is in Lennon, who has just completed a hugely succsesful loan spell at Sincil Bank. He is one of Chris Sutton's success stories this season having joined Lincoln on loan in February this year. Two goals in four matches saw the striker instantly become a fans' favourite at The Imps. However, he was soon moved to the wing where, although he played well, his goalscoring abilities were not harvested. Needs must and all that, as Sutton switched Lennon to accommodate the loan signing of Davide Somma.

Now, with Lincoln having just two professional strikers on their book - both of whom are transfer listed - Sutton is on the lookout for a goalscoring player. Fitting the bill is Lennon and the pair have already held exploratory talks about Lennon joining City in a permanent transfer. At the time though, Lennon remained a Glasgow Rangers' player and any move relied on the Scottish Champions releasing him, which of course they now have.

Personally, I hope Sutton swiftly moves to secure Lennon's services and further more, I hope that signs a couple of wingers thereby allowing Lennon to play in his natural striking role; for I can see him scoring 10 - 15 goals at this level should he switch to England.

http://www.theimp.lincolnfans.co.uk/news/0104_glasgow_rangers_release_steven_lennon.shtml

Gordon Duries son :(. I can see why the likes of Steven Lennon and Paul Emslie are leaving, even though Emsile was meant to be quite good in his youth career. I'm not sure about the rest 18/19 year olds being released, maybe just can't have them in the reserve squad anymore.

Not having a reserve league doesn't help any young player in Scotland really

That is my thought, some of those players were on the threshold or have been in the reserve team. I wonder if the likes of Shinnie and Loy will be in the squad more next season