Friendly with Newcastle set for August 7th at Ibrox

Lovenkrands Cannot Wait For Ibrox Return

Newcastle's pre-season friendly at Glasgow Rangers will go ahead on Saturday August 7.

Former Ibrox star and current United striker Peter Lovenkrands: ââ?¬Å?This game will be ideal for preparation for both clubs.

ââ?¬Å?Playing the Scottish champions will be a great test for us.

"Any game at Ibrox is tough and that�s why we�re all really excited about it.

"Our fans are also happy about going up to Glasgow and I�m sure they�ll enjoy the occasion as well.

"I cannot wait, to be honest with you.�

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/lovenkrands_cannot_wait_for_ibrox_return_527433/index.shtml

My holiday this year is in Bulgaria for 2 weeks starting on the 2nd August. Looks like I'll be missing the Newcastle friendly and the flag unfurling at Ibrox, I take it that will be about the 14th August? No doubt catch the games in a pub over there. Anyone been? Know any

Sorry to drift slightly off topic with this thread :fish:

Lovenkrands has been a top player for them this season. Still a player Id have liked to have brought back to Ibrox. He seems to be maturing into a better centre forward and his work rate is much better than it was.

Lovenkrands has been a top player for them this season. Still a player Id have liked to have brought back to Ibrox. He seems to be maturing into a better centre forward and his work rate is much better than it was.

Peter Lovenkrands (striker) - 29 games, 13 goals, 2 assists.

Charlie Adam (midfielder) - 45 games, 17 goals, 8 assists.

Not sure what point I'm making. I just like looking at stats. :fish:

Peter Lovenkrands (striker) - 29 games, 13 goals, 2 assists.

Charlie Adam (midfielder) - 45 games, 17 goals, 8 assists.

Not sure what point I'm making. I just like looking at stats. :fish:

Yeah, Adam played 15+ more games that L�¸venkrands ;).

I have always liked L�¸venkrands but he is quite inconsistent and injury prone with us and probably played out on the wing too often. Should have signed him up when he was free and willing to take a pay cut :(.

Not everyone will agree but so be it.

I have always liked L�¸venkrands but he is quite inconsistent and injury prone with us and probably played out on the wing too often. Should have signed him up when he was free and willing to take a pay cut :(.

Not everyone will agree but so be it.

I do think he could have done a job for us this season, but he would mostly have been used on the wing just like we've seen with Lafferty and other strikers.