Didn't know whether to start a new thread or post on the other Ellis thread - Admin can tidy if required.

ANDREW ELLIS is on the verge of tabling a �£33million offer for Rangers.

The London-based property developer will make his final deliberations this weekend - ten weeks after first declaring his interest to the Stock Exchange.

Ellis has spent the last seven days locked in talks with Ibrox owner Sir David Murray.

Negotiations are still on-going, but SunSport understands the saga is nearing a conclusion.

Despite stinging criticism from US-based Gers chairman Alastair Johnston, Ellis' takeover bid remains alive and well.

A prolonged period of due diligence has been carried out and Ellis could finally make his move for Murray's 92 per cent stake in the SPL champs on Monday.

Ex-Northampton chairman Ellis was seething this week when Johnston launched a blistering attack on his credentials.

Johnston cast doubt over whether a bid for the club would ever be tabled - a swipe which angered Ellis.

Ellis and his camp - the rival bidders to South Africa-based Dave King - feel their takeover bid has been undermined.

But it has not stopped them moving closer to striking a deal.

Meanwhile, DaMarcus Beasley last night thanked USA boss Bob Bradley for a World Cup lifeline.

The winger, 27, made just nine starts for Gers this season but was included in Bradley's provisional 30-man squad.

He said: "I have to credit the coaching staff as they gave me a chance to prove I can still play at the highest level. Now I hope I can make the final squad."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2981322/Ellis-set-to-make-his-offer.html#ixzz0oXrHKNby

We'll keep the new thread to freshen up the discussion a bit... :)

Interesting how The Sun are contradicting their sister paper. Ewen Cameron is also suggesting the NotW will run another negative Ellis story this weekend.

Suggestions that Ellis was in Edinburgh yesterday could have led the media to think an offer was imminent but maybe Donald Muir was introducing Andrew Ellis to David Murray for the first time. I wonder what their first waltz was since you know how fond SDM is of the dance floor.

I just don't get this, King etc. would be the preferred owner. When asked why, ' he is a Rangers supporter'.

As already pointed out, he and his fellow Board members watched Murray get us to this moment in time, why would we want the same old, for another 5/10 years.

Ellis might not turn out to be ideal either, but surely he is a better bet than King and his future court case.

Problem is CB, until we see of these potential buyer's plans, none of us can say with any authority they will be a better option than the status quo.

The fact we're having to have SDM and others who have failed in their financial custodianship of the club, deciding on our behalf is rather worrying.