Paul Le Guen has admitted he made a mistake in stripping Barry Ferguson of the Rangers captaincy.

The pair clashed repeatedly during the Frenchman's disastrous reign as boss at Ibrox and tensions came to a head on New Year's Day, 2007. Before the Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Motherwell at Fir Park the following day, Ferguson was sent home after Le Guen had relieved him of his duties as skipper.

Days later, Le Guen left the Govan club and almost four years after he first arrived in Glasgow, the former Lyon coach has told of his regret and - in a BBC Radio Scotland interview to be broadcast on Saturday - when asked if stripping Ferguson of the armband was the right thing to do, Le Guen said: "No, no, it was not right."

He added: "It was an impasse. When I took this decision I knew it would be difficult for me.

"He was my best player, but it was difficult for me to get the same relationship because of some factors.

"We are so different, but he was my best player.

"I was fed up with some behaviour, he knew he was the natural captain of Rangers, I knew that.

"But at that moment I was fed up perhaps."

Why the fuck does he feel the need to mention that now?

It was about 4 years ago.

Because BBC Radio Scotland asked him about it in an interview and he answered the question?

Guest Flying Hippo

Did he speak up about how he was incapable of beating St Johnstone at Ibrox? And how he thought Filip Sebo was worth almost �£2 million?

Did he speak up about how he was incapable of beating St Johnstone at Ibrox? And how he thought Filip Sebo was worth almost �£2 million?

Listen to the show and find out if you're interested. ;)

Sportsound is on at 15.00 and according to the website, between 16.00 & 17.00 Chick Young is running the 'Managing The Old Firm' special which I'd imagine will basically just be interviews with X Old Firm managers including the PLG one quoted in MF's OP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sgfrc

Aaah the old PLG debate. The best day PLG had at Ibrox was the one he was heading out the exit door. I can hear the answeres to this already about Europe blah blah blah.... who did we actually beat in Europe?? The 'greatest result was against some middle of the road Italian mob

and why the hell he persevered with karl svensson as a centre half? that was is biggest mistake.