Guest Northampton_loyalist
Yeah i guess knowing he's leaving next summer is better than not having a clue if he's even staying this summer. The idea of not even interviewing anyone for the post and just handing it to Ally on a plate isn't particularly appealling though. As i said, if we win nothing this season, i doubt many will want McCoist in charge

I am seeing it already on FF mate, there are people who are not interested in McCoist as manager and that is before a potentially poor season.

For now, we can breathe a little easier, the season after the coming one will hopefully take care of itself. There is an awful lot of water to pass under the bridge before a year this august.

I'm delighted that he is staying on, now to bring faces to our squad hopefully. As has been said I'm still unsure about McCoist but give him a chance and see what happens if all going well with this up coming season.

Didn't Walter do the same thing the last time he was in charge state he was leaving?

Although i understand everyone's apprehension about AM getting the managers job, i doubt Walter would allow AM to take over as manager if he didn't think he could do the job. Given Walter's experience and love for the club, i'm sure he would tell the powers that be that AM wasn't ready and should look to bring someone else in.

Also, what does this tell us about what's going on upstairs? I'm sure Walter said he wouldn't sign a new contract if he was forced to sell his best players and not be given any money to strengthen the squad.

Does this mean he's been given some positive news in regards to the financial situation?

Let's hope so. :)

Surely a new owner should be given the choice of who he wants at the end of next season without it already being announced?

Does this news possibly mean there is no change of ownership imminent and Rangers are proceeding with a plan to that regards?

Does this news possibly mean there is no change of ownership imminent and Rangers are proceeding with a plan to that regards?

It could actually mean the opposite!

Talks are supposed to have gone well according to SSN. So I'm with Zappa but it could have been a scenario where something needed to be done. Isn't it 2 weeks since Walter released a statement about his future?

Surely a new owner should be given the choice of who he wants at the end of next season without it already being announced?

Yeah I don't get that but everyone else around us practically knew that. I guess there may be a clause that allows a review if a new investor is in charge to make up his own mind.

Great news followed by terrible news. Walter stays for his final year in football with McCoist coming in to take over for next season. Frustrating!

Smiths 1st job now that he's confirmed he's staying should be to persuade Boyd not to goto Celtic. :D

Guest Flying Hippo
I'm delighted that he is staying on, now to bring faces to our squad hopefully. As has been said I'm still unsure about McCoist but give him a chance and see what happens if all going well with this up coming season.

Didn't Walter do the same thing the last time he was in charge state he was leaving?

He offered to resign after we won 9 in a row but Murray begged him to stay for an extra year (as he also did with Laudrup) I believe one of our board members at the time (Daniel Levy?) was very vocal in his belief that Walter should've been sacked for finishing bottom of the CL group with Ajax, Auxerre, and Grasshoppers

It was formally announced that Walter would be leaving at the end of the season around November/December time