Am I the only one hoping this is a power play by WS? He's putting it out there firmly that KB is motivated by money ahead of love of Rangers, and hoping he'll prove him wrong?

Am I the only one hoping this is a power play by WS? He's putting it out there firmly that KB is motivated by money ahead of love of Rangers, and hoping he'll prove him wrong?

I was thinking along the same lines, but if does go purely for another �£10k a week then good luck him, he won't win medals where he goes just now but if he's happy getting richer than he already is then there's nothing anyone can do. I mean �£1m a year playing for the club you love and having a chance to be a real legend, I don't really understand players sometimes!

I mean �£1m a year playing for the club you love and having a chance to be a real legend, I don't really understand players sometimes!

If I was trying to look at it from Boyd's point of view I can imagine him being tempted by the EPL so that he can try to improve further as a player by regularly playing against better quality than the SPL, but to do that he'll need to get good runs of games down there and not just be bench-warming.

If I was trying to look at it from Boyd's point of view I can imagine him being tempted by the EPL so that he can try to improve further as a player by regularly playing against better quality than the SPL, but to do that he'll need to get good runs of games down there and not just be bench-warming.

I really can't think of a team in the premier league that he would get a regular run of games in - Birmingham have just spent �£6m on Zigic and that's where everyone thought Boyd would go. Villa were linked with him but I don't see him being a regular ahead of Agbonlahor, Carew or Heskey.

Unless one of the promoted sides take a gamble I don't see where he'll end up.

I know it's a better league but playing for a lesser club which is where he will/would go it can't be that good. You won't win as much, not playing in Europe regularly, and as you say you might not play as much.

You get the likes of Fletcher who signed for Burnely and done well, now Wolves are bidding �£7m for him so again he will be struggling at the bottom of the league next season but getting paid good money. Maybe they think they will get to a top 4 club down there.

I suppose everyone is different but I just don't understand how you can leave the club you say you love, are top scorer, adored by lots of fans, get paid a fortune to it but still feel you need to leave mainly for more money.

I really can't think of a team in the premier league that he would get a regular run of games in - Birmingham have just spent �£6m on Zigic and that's where everyone thought Boyd would go. Villa were linked with him but I don't see him being a regular ahead of Agbonlahor, Carew or Heskey.

Unless one of the promoted sides take a gamble I don't see where he'll end up.

Someone will take him that's for sure. They've got the opportunity to get a hold of the best goal scorer in the SPL for nothing other than a signing fee and wage. By EPL standards, the reported wage offers of �£30k - �£35k aren't even particularly high, so there's bound to be a few teams interested in him. Handy to have a good goal scorer in any squad, but like you I can't see him getting regular starts for any of the better EPL clubs.

Guest Flying Hippo

If you're shocked by this news then you only have yourself to blame for being so naive

And if you're devastated by it then just have a think back to the second half of last season