Cant believe I have just signed my 5 yr old up for a 1 week football camp...... run by...... Celtic.

What is amusing is that when I told him I was signing him up he said "but Dad, I hate Celtic, I dont want to go to their camp". We had to tell him to just imagine he was at the HSBC camp he was on a couple of weeks ago.

he loves his footy johnny and in Bermuda there are so few options at his age. He plays on 3 teams, has been to a camp already this summer, goes to a weekly camp... and Rangers dont do a camp out here.

Believe me johnny...... it was an excruciating decision :D

• 4 weeks later...

So he still didnt want to go on Monday. Sunday night when we got back home from the UK he says "I dont want to go to camp tomorrow as I hate Celtic".... I tell him just to imagine he is playing for Rangers.

Monday morning I introduce ourselves to one of the coaches, he recognises the accent, we get talking and I say "If he gives you grief.... well, lets just say I have brainwashed him and he supports one half of the Old Firm.... but not this half" - the coach says "Oh so he is a Rangers fan then"... he leans in quite close and says "So am I... but dont tell anyone".

Even the Tim coach is a decent lad - I was surprised by it. Was quite enjoyable watching him squirm though when I met them to watch the Tim game tonight. 21 minutes... Oooffffftt - and it was lights out.

I told the Tim coach on Monday I was going to get them to go to all the expensive restaurants on the island to spend as much of Celtic's money as possible.

The wee fella is absolutely loving the camp though. They even give them homework.