Youth will get its chance and its now tbh, we are struggling to get players in and are doing more selling than anything!!! As reality has it we are a selling club and as long as the debt is crippling us we will continue to sell :(

Sorry mate but I dont agree with that anymore . There are clubs all over europe with smaller turnovers and bigger debts which seem to be coping ok ,we are in a position that Murray wants out and the bank want their money back pronto , we had a repayement program which seems to be ripped up , we are in the C/L again and have a wage bill lower than at any time in my memory percentage wise.

Knowing our luck we will clear the debt and then Murray will still want mega bucks because we are such a well run club .AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my head

Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool are on the brink of signing Danny Wilson from Rangers.

More...

Reds close in on Wilson

Rangers youngster poised for Anfield switch

Last updated: 20th July 2010

Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool are on the brink of signing defender Danny Wilson from Rangers.

Ibrox manager Walter Smith revealed to Sky Sports News reporter David Tanner that the two clubs are in advanced stages of discussions and have only the transfer fee left to agree on.

Smith also said the move could be sealed as soon as Tuesday evening, which would leave 18-year-old Wilson free to link up with the Reds at their Switzerland training camp.

Centre-back Wilson came through the youth ranks at the Ibrox club before penning his first professional contract there three years ago.

He will not join the Rangers squad that will fly out to Australia for their pre-season tour on Tuesday night due to a slight hamstring injury.

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist is unsurprised by the interest Liverpool have shown in Wilson following the stopper's impressive campaign last season.

"I think the first thing they (Liverpool) would have to accept is that they're signing potential," McCoist told Sky Sports News.

"But it's a whole load of potential because he came in last season for us and played an awful lot of games, certainly a lot more games than, to be fair, we probably thought he would.

"A lot of that was probably down to him not being one hundred per cent fit a lot of the time.

"But he came in and he handled himself really superbly well. We obviously had very high hopes for Danny and Danny has high hopes for Danny and obviously Liverpool can see the potential there.

"If the deal is a done deal then certainly we would wish Danny all the best. I think there is a little bit of work to be done before it's a done deal, but they'll certainly be signing a player with outstanding potential."

Edited by Zappa

I dont suppose I will be the only one to guess that Wilson will be up the road within a year or 2 to his bhoyhood heroes.

dum dum dum, another one bites the dust.....

and another one gone, and another one gone

another one bites the dust

And we have still to wait for Boughy to get his act together and decide where he is going, and hope that Davis can remain undetected by EPL clubs.

Why do clubs keep coming to Rangers and not putting in any bids for Miller or McCulloch?

You cant keep a player that doesnt want to be with us.Wilson made that clear from the middle of last season.

Agreed. Also I don't think us losing Wilson will hit the first team too hard,IMO. How many games do you think he would play this season,if we keep our other CB's ?. I don't think he would feature that much as we have plenty of cover for CB in Weir,Bougherra,Webster and even Edu who plays CB a lot with the USA team, we then have Broadfoot and even McCulloch,I know I know!!. But my point is we won't miss him as much as a lot of fans think,again IMO. But we are short on numbers and need to rectify that,but more so in other areas of the team,not CB,as yet??. It all comes down to how much cash WS is allocated to strengthen the team,that is more important than Wilson leaving TBH, and we all knew he was going. I think it is the wrong move for Wilson personaly as he would have been better served staying @ Ibrox and developing his undoubted potential. But he's gone and good luck to him.

I dont suppose I will be the only one to guess that Wilson will be up the road within a year or 2 to his bhoyhood heroes.

Why do clubs keep coming to Rangers and not putting in any bids for Miller or McCulloch?

I know what Wilson's squad number will be at Liverpool - 67. You heard it here first.

As for Miller and McCulloch, they're both out of contract next summer but too old for even Strachan to come sniffing back.

Davis, Bougherra and McGregor will certainly be asking if their ambitions are matched by the club. As should the fans.