all the fans want is some honesty from the board and our manager. .

TBH I think we have had that in the last week from Bain. His Q and A interview was good and honest.

As they say lets wait until the end of the transfer window before mentioning if they are talking BS or not. The squad number at the end of the window will reveal all.

There's a big difference between not having to sell players and not selling players. We didn't have to sell Thomson and Wilson' date=' but once the bids came in it made financial sense to do so.[/quote']

the club made a statement that implied that we wouldnt be selling players and did the exact opposite. why make such a statement in the first place?

whatch out for "well be brining in 4 or 5 players" too!

TBH I think we have had that in the last week from Bain. His Q and A interview was good and honest.

As they say lets wait until the end of the transfer window before mentioning if they are talking BS or not. The squad number at the end of the window will reveal all.

see boyds article in the sunday slabs and you will find that he wasnt entirely telling the truth.

see boyds article in the sunday slabs and you will find that he wasnt entirely telling the truth.

KRIS BOYD has hit back at claims by Rangers chief executive Martin Bain that he was offered up to �£22,000 per week to sign a new deal.

The money was made up of �£18,000 basic and �£4000 appearance money.

However, MailSport understands the offer was never put in writing by Bain and was subject to approval by the bank.

Middlesbrough hitman Boyd said: "It is factually inaccurate and I'm disappointed he chose to disclose what was meant to be confidential discussions.

"I kept my counsel on a few things when I could have gone public. It's a pity certain other people can't do the same. That said, I loved my time at the club and wish them success."

Boyd has been part of a mass summer exodus in recent months - and hopes the cost-cutting doesn't send Gers into freefall.

First-team stars Kevin Thomson, Danny Wilson and Nacho Novo have departed, leaving gaffer Walter Smith with a shadow squad. Smith has tried to bring in fresh faces but a wage ceiling of around �£15,000 per week is making it tough.

Boyd said: "Thomson and Wilson were both in the final years of their deals and I suppose it makes sense to cash in and receive around �£5million.

"But where does that leave Walter and the players? Not in the best position.

"There must be concern. If any more first-team lads are sold it could lead to all sorts of problems.

"I hope Walter will be allowed to bring in a few new players and that the race for the SPL turns out to be a good one."

Boyd would love to see his old club make it three in a row.

He said: "It will take a massive effort but a few of the players have experience, ability and great desire.

"If Davie Weir stays fit and is available for more than 30 games that will be a huge boost. Lee McCulloch is also a vital player and Steven Davis was different class last season so hopefully he carries that on."