James set for Celtic talks

Despite James being 39 and makes errors, its still depressing to see Celtic being linked with premier league players as James, Bullard, Campbell etc.

i'm the opposite, these guys are overpaid, past it has beens IMO. i wouldnt want to be linked to these guys at all.

I think it is merely a hang up of the fact we have sold and we have still to even get near buying anyone.

I for one fear we are far too short in playing staff for a squad to try to retain the title, and put in an effective appearance in the CL.

Weve had ample time to add to the squad but for some reason havent. If we had money to spend in the first place then why was there no forward planning in the run up to the season. Players should have been identified as targets and been purchased for the start of the new season but at the moment we havent even been linked to three players never mind buy them.

Why is that? after all the positive vibes that came out of ibrox After the meeting between the board and the bank are we still sitting in limbo wondering what the hell is going on? Dont have to sell players? we have money to spend? Bring in four to five players?

What is our game plan for next season? In fact what was the game plan for the close season. Are we to believe that Walter smith is so niave that he hadnt identified players that he would have liked to sign in time for the start of training this summer?

The silence is deafening as far as the transfer market is concerned. So far weve tabled one firm offer for a player who reject a deal. Other than that nothing. Hardly the actions of a club with "money to spend".

Half truths and downright lies from our board. Only today we learn that boyds offer as stated by mr bain in a national tabloid during the week was never made in writing and had to be verified by the bank.

We cant exect answers to our questions anymore. We cant believe a word that comes out from our boardroom. Our chairman lives on the other side of the atlantic whilst our owner hides behind the lot pulling the strings in his bolt hole.

Mixed messages from our manager too. The bank runs the club, the bank dont run the club. We need to sell players. We dont need to sell players. We dont have money to spend. we have money to spend.

Ive read the odd quote about lean years and all form the great Bill Struth over the last few days and how we will stand firm but these words are wearing thin as our does our patience. Our loyalty is the one thing that has saved our club so far but our board continue to pull the wool over our eyes and treat us with distain and contempt.

Our loyalty is the only asset the club has at the moment. And the boardroom should tread carefully form now on. They can fool the fans some of the time but they wont fool them all the time.

Which from where im sitting is exaclty what they are trying to do.

Edited by gisabeer
moved

i'm the opposite, these guys are overpaid, past it has beens IMO. i wouldnt want to be linked to these guys at all.

Its not so much these 3 individuals, its more so that Celtic are capable of getting EPL players, even if its the likes of Robbie Keane on loan.

Its not so much these 3 individuals, its more so that Celtic are capable of getting EPL players, even if its the likes of Robbie Keane on loan.

so robbie keane who won nothing when he was here, and those 3 has beens sorry when they start getting top players i'll start to worry. keane is a good player but the others are well past it and IMO nothing to fear, just a waste of money to try and keep their fans happy.