Arsenal to sign Stuttgart center half

I'd have thought our strongest CH pairing would be Bougherra and Webster, but I can see the logic of letting Boogie go if he we get a decent offer for him. If the stories about him wanting to go, his mystery fitness problems etc continue, then I'd rather he just went. We want a solid CH pairing who could play together for a good few years rather than chopping and changing every season or so.

Guest Guivarc'h

Can't believe the amount of people who want Bougie moved to another position or even sold just to accomodate Webster, one of the most injury prone players in world football. Bougie is the best centre half in Scottish football by an absolute mile.

Can't believe the amount of people who want Bougie moved to another position or even sold just to accomodate Webster' date=' one of the most injury prone players in world football. Bougie is the best centre half in Scottish football by an absolute mile.[/quote']

When he plays... ;)

Problem is his attitude and future is open to debate which is why some fans would rather take the money and use it to improve the rest of the squad (including another centre-half).

Its not about his ability, but his attitude (see last season) and whether he actually wants to be here or stay here.

Webster had a fantastic season with United last year, so if his injury problems are behind him, then he's the sort of player who we should be looking to be a first pick for a good few years to come imo. Especially if he wants to stay here and play for us.

While Bougherra isn't as transparent as certain others have been in the past (Cousin for example), all the usual, predictable signs from an unsettled foreign player are there. Although I'm not sure if we've had the mis-quoted article from a foreign newspaper yet.

Can't believe the amount of people who want Bougie moved to another position or even sold just to accomodate Webster' date=' one of the most injury prone players in world football. Bougie is the best centre half in Scottish football by an absolute mile.[/quote']

17 games thats all he played last year .....17 games , he has 3years left let him go he thinks he is better than he is .

Guest Guivarc'h
17 games thats all he played last year .....17 games , he has 3years left let him go he thinks he is better than he is .

Webster played 1 game in 3 years until last season

Guest Guivarc'h
Bougherra was fit and quite capable of playing when he "missed" his flights back.

He didn't miss 35 games because of missed flights

Dont get me wrong id have bougherra play centre half first anyday but I can see WS moving him about.