I was quite curious to find out if we or Celtic were favourites for the title. After back to back SPL Championships and Celtic bringing in enough new players to field two teams, it was surprising to see Celtic were favourites with every single bookie.

Ladbrokes

Rangers - 11/10

Celtic - 4/6

William Hill

Rangers - Evens

Celtic - 8/11

Coral -

Rangers - 5/4

Celtic - 8/13

The bookies obviously believe Lennon is the saviour.

also, bookies look after themselves. So maybe it's all the punters that see lennon as their saviour, plus neutrals backing them because of our financial situation. Probably was the same last year too.

Means nothing to me, roll on the new season!

As it stands out 'streamlined' squad is probably reflecting our underdog status but a couple of new signings could change that...

Let's hope Celtic get knocked out on Wednesday as that should catalyse our transfer activity.

As it stands out 'streamlined' squad is probably reflecting our underdog status but a couple of new signings could change that...

Let's hope Celtic get knocked out on Wednesday as that should catalyse our transfer activity.

I'm hoping so, We are the only team in the SPL to not sign a player. Even Kilmarnock have signed one now...

If you are to look seriously at the SPL title winners for 2010-11, it will again be a two horse race.

I can think of no other 2 horse race where the horse that has beaten its rival the last twice, the most recent being by some distance, and where the second placed horse has weakened its side by the loss of its best players at both ends of the pitch (Boruc and Keane), has a rookie manager, has already been shown up in their (financially) biggest game they will play all season, ends up being odds on favourite and the Champion, while also weakened but still having time to make its purchases, has managerial stability, the nucleas of a squad that knows how to win titles, and is at 5/4 against.

Of course we have no divine right to win the title (although we should have!) but I just cant see how the bookies are making them favourites. I said the same thing last season, and we were 6/4 against at one point early on, and we romped home easily. It will be more difficult as our numbers decrease, but they will struggle to keep clean sheets and to create enough good chances from what I have seen so far, so bring it on I say.

Guest Guivarc'h

Whilst either us or Celtic will win it, i wouldn't be surprised if Dundee United or Hibs pushed one of the OF into 3rd or even 4th place

Our season is going to go one of two ways; the team adopt a siege mentality whilst Celtic fall apart again and we win the title, or our squad is pushed far too far due to lack of numbers and are out of the title race by January and are instead scrapping with another club for 2nd place

Cant see it this year Guivarc'h.

We will certainly not be behind more than one team at the very worst, and I cant see timmy being worse than last year, which would need to happen to fall to United's level.

The other teams have not really strengthened this summer either, so I am not really expecting any sustained challenge from any of them, but I would love it if the Lurgan Bigot's only race was for second.

in bwin i had us favourites but was taking a whack on celtic , so they are now favs

we are 2.00

they are 1.76

im happy to take shitloads on celtic tbh and will win a decent amount if we romp home :))))