Who goes? You (don't really) decide!

Who would you sell, Naismith or Lafferty?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sell, Naismith or Lafferty?

• Naismith
    • Lafferty
    • Both
    • None.

If we sign Jelavic, Smith and Welcome who would you prefer be sold, Naismith or Lafferty?

Everyone seems to think that one or t'other will go as, even if Smith rotates, both won't feature as much as they'd like.

Lafferty. I think Naismith is a better player with a better goal record and, I know it doesn't have anything to do with football, but Lafferty is imo, a twat. That hair, that stupid robot dance. Feckin' arse. Get him punted.

Guest Flying Hippo

Why would we sell one of them? Smith would be a replacement for Novo and Jelavic/Welcome a replacement for Boyd. We won't sign both Jelavic and Welcome. Not to mention the fact that both Miller and Velicka are over 30 and out of contract next summer

Guest Flying Hippo

In a hypothetical scenario where we have a squad of more than 15 players, i'd sell Naismith before Lafferty. In real life it would be utter madness to even contemplate selling one of them unless we plan on signing 3 forwards.

Why would we sell one of them? Smith would be a replacement for Novo and Jelavic/Welcome a replacement for Boyd. We won't sign both Jelavic and Welcome. Not to mention the fact that both Miller and Velicka are over 30 and out of contract next summer

The question asked was if we were to sign all three. If we were, then we would have Welcome, Smith, Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Miller, Fleck and Velicka all hoping to play as part of a front three. The three best options of making some money are Fleck, Naismith and Lafferty, purely due to their age. I doubt anyone would want Fleck to go, so that's down to Lafferty and Naismith. After two seasons, I just don't see Lafferty making the grade as a Rangers player - through ability or attitude. He's flattered to deceive on a few occasions and scored a couple of goals, but I cannot see a consistent performer in him, whether up front or on the left. Coupled with that is his attitude - the rolling around, the cheating, the arrogance all of which I find very unbecoming of a player wearing a Rangers shirt. I expect certain standards of the players representing my club and he hasn't reached any of htem in two years. Naismith on the other hand has shown more in the time he's been here, despite being hampered with injuries. He can finish better, he's more direct, he's more versatile, he can cross better. If we can get anything around �£1.5 mill for Lafferty - assuming the squad has been boosted - then I say we bite whoever's hand off.

Guest Flying Hippo

I don't agree that Naismith has shown more than Lafferty. Naismith has scored 9 goals in 3 years. Lafferty has scored 16 goals in 2 years. I'd say they've also probably started an equal number of games as a striker over that period.

Both are young players still, so its not exactly a bad position to be in. No pun intended with that, but I think both have had a hard time trying to establish themselves as they've been regularly played out of their preferred position, well, certainly Naismith has. Naismith looked like he had great potential when he signed and I'm a bit said he's not had more of a chance through the middle.

Anyway, I think I've said enough on Lafferty elsewhere, I just don't think he's good enough for us unfortunately and while the stats for Naismith are poor, I don't think they tell the whole story. If we go on stats alone, then why did Kris Boyd come in for so much stick? :)