A Centre half. The link is in French but the translation is below it. No quotes from the player or St-Etienne.

http://www.footmercato.net/asse-accord-trouve-avec-les-rangers-pour-benalouane_53813

ASSE : agreement made with Rangers over Benalouane

14/08/2010 - 13h 15

It's all happening at Saint-Etienne. As the transfer window comes slowly but surely to its end, the Greens could liven things up, notably with their departures. And Yohan Benalouane seems likely to be one of them.

For the past few weeks, it has more or a less been taken for granted that he's leaving. And now, it seems, the 23 year old finally is. According to 'Le Progres', Benalouane will sign for Glasgow Rangers. In Scotland, the defender will have a much bigger chance of winning things, which will attract him.

I'm in two minds whether or not to let Webster go. I think he's a cracking player but for some reason is always injured while on our books. He was fine last season, only missing a couple of games (I think) but the Ibrox/Murray Park injury kinx strikes again for him.

You have to imagine the writers involved just can't tell the difference between Rangers and Celtic when they get a sniff of a story, which rather shows how far both clubs have fallen in recent years.

St Etienne play in green - is that what you're thinking of? Dont otherwise see how they've confused us and them.

Guest Flying Hippo
Benalouane can play on the left, which I have heard. Webster only has a year left and not sure whether it would be sensible to offer him a new deal considering his injury plagued past.

Too much bizarre loyalty to Webster on here and RM, as if we somehow owe him something. This is the guy who we've been paying for 3 and a half years and who has only managed 1 match for us in that entire time. If we got any kind of offer for him, i'd let him go in a heartbeat

St Etienne play in green - is that what you're thinking of? Dont otherwise see how they've confused us and them.

The number of times we're linked with a player, only for it to turn out to be timmy who is in for him, suggested the confusion. It was in answer to Danny's post

We've been linked to this guy for about 4 weeks now, but in the past 2 weeks timmy's come in for him as per. Just have to see how this one goes I suppose.

Too much bizarre loyalty to Webster on here and RM, as if we somehow owe him something. This is the guy who we've been paying for 3 and a half years and who has only managed 1 match for us in that entire time. If we got any kind of offer for him, i'd let him go in a heartbeat

We don't have enough players to do that.

You gave folk pelters for having the same attitude about Lafferty.

Our squad is too thin to allow us to let any player go without quarrel.

Guest Flying Hippo
We don't have enough players to do that.

You gave folk pelters for having the same attitude about Lafferty.

Our squad is too thin to allow us to let any player go without quarrel.

Whatever happened to Goncalves? I would be delighted if we punted Webster and signed him

Edited by Flying Hippo