http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/192239-rangers-give-trial-to-second-dutchman/

Walter Smith will run the rule over three trialists in a bounce game against Partick Thistle on Tuesday after adding former Sheffield Wednesday winger Etienne Esajas to his pool of hopefuls at Murray Park. The 25-year-old, who had an unsuccessful trial at Charlton Athletic earlier this summer, will line up alongside compatriot Nacer Barazite and Honduran striker Georgie Welcome in the match.

Esajas, renowned at Hillsborough for his dead ball ability, left in June after a three-year spell with the Owls. Gers boss Smith is keen to add width in his side, having lost Nacho Novo and DaMarcus Beasley over the summer, with the Dutchman looking to fit the bill.

Born in Amsterdam, left-footed Esajas started his career with Vitesse Arnhem and made 34 appearances, scoring three times. Wednesday then signed him in 2007 for an undisclosed fee and he made an immediate impact, before injury curtailed his number of games in his first season to 19.

Having started the 2008/09 season with two sublime goals in a League Cup game against Rotherham United, Esajas established himself in the Owls’ side before again succumbing to injury, although he finished the campaign having set up more goals than any other player in the team.

Esajas was a late substitute on Wednesday’s final day decider against Crystal Palace, in which a 2-2 draw saw his team relegated to League One, with the London club staying in the Championship.

He was subsequently released by the club and played on trial with Charlton this summer in a friendly with AFC Wimbledon. However, he was allowed to leave after requesting an immediate answer over a contract from Addicks boss Phil Parkinson, who said he didn’t feel the winger had shown enough in his one appearance to warrant a deal.

Esajas is expected to line up on the left hand side of midfield in the closed doors game against the Jags, with Barazite on the right and Welcome featuring up front. All three are vying to add depth to Smith’s team, with Welcome getting his first chance to impress after being unable to play in Rangers’ other friendlies because of a work permit issue.

Barazite was involved as Ian Durrant took a youthful Gers team to Northern Ireland for a friendly last week against Glentoran, while Esajas will get his first attempt to impress.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8DRjZQvC0]YouTube- Etienne Esajas Stunning Freekick Against Sheffield United[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06WnqhRWH4]YouTube- Etienne Esajas Freekick VS Birmingham[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lUOg8sdCM&p=BBA70FAC2437666C&playnext=1&index=33]YouTube- esajas goals vs rotherham[/ame]

Sorry guy's i can't help on this one as i can't remember anything about him. One thing does worry me though i googled a you tube film of him and top of the list was : Jeffers goal for England, A terrible omen i think.:)

Sorry guy's i can't help on this one as i can't remember anything about him. One thing does worry me though i googled a you tube film of him and top of the list was : Jeffers goal for England, A terrible omen i think.:)

Haha, the only thing worse than trusting a youtube video is trusting one that's anywhere near Jeffers. :)

"Found his level" from Sheffield fecking Tuesday? WTF?

Just the typical arrogant Engurland fan:)

Bougherra wasn't a big hit @ Charlton either,it's always hard to judge a player hopefully WS will make the right decision[hard hat at the ready]:)