The whole process is a joke when you think about it. How can you NOT give aq professional footballer a permit to work? They earn thousands and you can bet a chunk of that will be getting taxed...why would the government shoot themselves in the foot when they let in,no disrespect,but little old indian ladies who are going to be cleaning toilets at Glasgow airport?

I play 2 divisions below the Victorian premier league over here in OZ, it's more or less the league down from the A-league but the clubs class themselves as professional. They get players over all the time on professional contracts and trust me, none of them are anywhere near being good enough to be the kit man for their national sides...

I agree with you, the issue of work permits for footballers is preposterous. It's hard to see the point of it other than to assuage the paranoia of the envy brigade. The country is overflowing with every nationality you can think of and the papers are writing about work permits for a few dozen footballers. We're living in Absurdia and being governed by wankers, particularly where it concerns anyone who is successful in any way.

I agree with you, the issue of work permits for footballers is preposterous. It's hard to see the point of it other than to assuage the paranoia of the envy brigade. The country is overflowing with every nationality you can think of and the papers are writing about work permits for a few dozen footballers. We're living in Absurdia and being governed by wankers, particularly where it concerns anyone who is successful in any way.

Spot on.:)

The whole process is a joke when you think about it. How can you NOT give aq professional footballer a permit to work? They earn thousands and you can bet a chunk of that will be getting taxed...why would the government shoot themselves in the foot when they let in,no disrespect,but little old indian ladies who are going to be cleaning toilets at Glasgow airport?

I play 2 divisions below the Victorian premier league over here in OZ, it's more or less the league down from the A-league but the clubs class themselves as professional. They get players over all the time on professional contracts and trust me, none of them are anywhere near being good enough to be the kit man for their national sides...

Was talking about this with someone last night & I don't understand why the current system could possibly allow someone to sign for us & not be allowed a permit, especially when it's all over the news for a whole month or more that we're trying to sign him! There should be something in place where clubs get the go-ahead on foreign players before actually signing them because for a top level football club like ours to be signing a player then potentially told he can't have a work permit is a complete farse. There will be a f*ckin outcry if Jelavic isn't granted this permit. Fingers crossed that Pat Nevin is in a good mood.

Was talking about this with someone last night & I don't understand why the current system could possibly allow someone to sign for us & not be allowed a permit, especially when it's all over the news for a whole month or more that we're trying to sign him! There should be something in place where clubs get the go-ahead on foreign players before actually signing them because for a top level football club like ours to be signing a player then potentially told he can't have a work permit is a complete farse. There will be a f*ckin outcry if Jelavic isn't granted this permit. Fingers crossed that Pat Nevin is in a good mood.

Your takin the piss, buyer beware, you obviously have never heard the expression, why don't we just hand the whole process of signing players over to the government, and let the likes of Bain get paid for even less than they do now. :whistle: