RST's new Treasurer

the huge flaw in your arguement is that you are ignoring the point in full and taking what you want to see

If you remove all obstacles and excuses then you can point at them (the trust) and say, fully secure in the knowledge you are right, that you have provided the platform and the atmosphere for the trust to debate the issues and they have refused. Right now, and this is what is happening (as evidenced by Deedle's post above), they can legitimately say 'how can we reasonably debate with people who make this sort of nonsense up?'. it doesnt make them right to do it, it doesnt make it good that they do it. But do it they do, and while people elsewhere give them excuses, they will take them.

Stop, just for a wee second, looking out and turn your thoughts inwards.

And that, in the vernacular, is such a shallow crock to be barely a crock at all. In fact, it's pompous nonsense. What's your FF username?

Guest Pokeherface
Fuck sake, where are all these new posters coming from. Has Frankie been on a well-concealed recruitment drive over on FF? Seems the FFRST A-team has been mobilised to stun dissent with an onslaught of exceedingly drab propaganda. I'd advise against wasting their time ... it's shite when posted on FF and it gains nothing on the short journey over to Gersnet.

Besides, where have these people been until now? Why have we been deprived of their wisdom until now? Has Frankie been deliberately keeping us in the dark? Has there been a break-in?

I have been here a short while and you stick out like a sore thumb as a man so bitter and incapable of actual debate that you are a severe handicap to this place. You have variously lauched personal attacks on people debating honestly, decried any opinion different to your own and tried to disrupt and sensible discusion with stupidity like above.

I came here to get both sides of the story. How on earth can I be here toeing a party line from FF when I openly state MD has to go and a coup is something worth thinking about? Seriously, think about it for a second. MD sent me here to pacify you by suggesting he himself has to go? Does that in any tiny way make sense to you?

You just carry on. Sad, bitter individual.

Guest Pokeherface
And that, in the vernacular, is such a shallow crock to be barely a crock at all. In fact, it's pompous nonsense. What's your FF username?

Trust is bad, everyone else is good? Got your point, well done.

because (and I am someone who has seen every single debate from every single side from day dot) every legitimate claim has been piggy backed upon by, frankly, rubbish. You can ignore it all you want but you are effectively saying you want free reign to say what you want while still expecting reasoned debate and full disclosure in return. I am not the one showing a degree of naivit�© here, you are. The trust is not all bad, the trusts detractors are not all good (and obviously vica versa) and the sooner people come to this realisation on all sides, the sooner we can start to untangle the web.

I think you're far too caught up in thinking people aren't getting the 'thrust of your point' to realise that they do, but you're wrong. People coming to your 'epiphany' won't even begin to untangle the web because nothing in the dynamics of who has the power to do what will have changed, we'll all just walk around with futilely enlightened expressions. ;)

The trust has it within their power to ignore the piggy backing and address the substance - that they won't shows, beyond all doubt, that they're not going to have to with a smaller group of substance alone. No matter how many epiphanies are had by how many people, nothing in the dynamic changes.

It's a case of:

"Will you please stop doing this and engage those whom you're supposed to represent more?"

"No"

versus

"We realise you're not all bad, will you please stop doing this and engage those whom you're supposed to represent more?"

"No."

I'm ill and away to do more sensible things.

Edited by bmck

I have been here a short while and you stick out like a sore thumb as a man so bitter and incapable of actual debate that you are a severe handicap to this place. You have variously lauched personal attacks on people debating honestly, decried any opinion different to your own and tried to disrupt and sensible discusion with stupidity like above.

I came here to get both sides of the story. How on earth can I be here toeing a party line from FF when I openly state MD has to go and a coup is something worth thinking about? Seriously, think about it for a second. MD sent me here to pacify you by suggesting he himself has to go? Does that in any tiny way make sense to you?

You just carry on. Sad, bitter individual.

I'd love to be sad and bitter. It would give life such meaning. However, the truth is I'm having a bit of a laugh at your expense. Cheap, yes but a bit of light relief at the end of a hard, hard week can't be such a bad thing really. Keep it up ffs, I'm loving it.:)

Did MD really send you hear to pacify me. I'm just thrilled at the recognition, no really.:whistle:

Guest Pokeherface
I think you're far too caught up in thinking people aren't getting the 'thrust of your point' to realise that they do, but you're wrong. People coming to your 'epiphany' won't even begin to untangle the web because nothing in the dynamics of who has the power to do what will have changed, we'll all just walk around with futilely enlightened expressions. ;)

The trust has it within their power to ignore the piggy backing and address the substance - that they won't shows, beyond all doubt, that they're not going to have to with a smaller group of substance alone. No matter how many epiphanies are had by how many people, nothing in the dynamic changes.

It's a case of:

"Will you please stop doing this and engage those whom you're supposed to represent more?"

"No"

versus

"We realise you're not all bad, will you please stop doing this and engage those whom you're supposed to represent more?"

"No."

There was no epiphany, there was a slow and gradual realisation that while the trust undoubtably have some serious flaws, the claims made are not all legitimate. That really is not hard to follow.

Nice to see that anyone who disagrees doesnt just have a different opinion though. I will be sure to adjust my thoughts becuase you tell me I'm wrong (insert multiple 'rolleyes smilies' here)

Guest Pokeherface
I'd love to be sad and bitter. It would give life such meaning. However, the truth is I'm having a bit of a laugh at your expense. Cheap, yes but a bit of light relief at the end of a hard, hard week can't be such a bad thing really. Keep it up ffs, I'm loving it.:)

Did MD really send you hear to pacify me. I'm just thrilled at the recognition, no really.:whistle:

No, you really are just a sad individual.