That was the week - that was

Guest PTB

A Hearts player has been showing his knob to school kids on his computer and Aberdeen players have indulged in a bit of 'sectarian banter' on their computers.

Imagine it had been Alan MacGregor flashing his boabie to the schoolies and Barry Ferguson effing the Pope on Facebook.

We would never hear the end of it.

Child protection chatrities and Nil by Mouth would be getting wheeled out for the usual cliches.

I predict a media storm in respect of something Rangers related in order that the press can refocus their hatred on us.

These 'diddy scandals' are just not newsworthy enough.

I will be very interested to see if this gets blown up in the same way it would if it was Rangers Players.

I read that apparently and Aberdeen FC spokesman came out and said something along the lines of 'The players have been dealt with and as far as we are concerned, thae matter is over. No Need to take further action.'

Hate to say it - but really not his place to say that at all! They had better get laid into these characters big time!!

Yeah, the difference in coverage really is quite interesting when one juxtaposes it with the coverage our players, club and fans have had in recent years.

No-one has ever said we deserve to be immune from scandal or negativity. Sh!t happens and Rangers has not become the successful institution it is via hiding from its challenges.

However, balance and accuracy is what we seek. So in an era where the Celtic manager is a proven bigot (after being made skipper for his troubles in that period) and what seems like half the Aberdeen team, including their captain, are also apparently keen on making sectarian violence a joke; at what point will the crusaders in this sham admit the millions of pounds spent on this subject will continue to be wasted as long as there is one rule for some and one rule for another.

Scotland's shame indeed.

I will be very interested to see if this gets blown up in the same way it would if it was Rangers Players.

I read that apparently and Aberdeen FC spokesman came out and said something along the lines of 'The players have been dealt with and as far as we are concerned, thae matter is over. No Need to take further action.'

Hate to say it - but really not his place to say that at all! They had better get laid into these characters big time!!

OK. Next time Rangers are on the receiving end of a Green Pepperami / Eggs Benedict / Sash in the Grass type non-story, let's get our PR department to release a one-line statement saying, exactly as AFC have just done, "The players have been dealt with and as far as we are concerned, the matter is over."

I'm sure this will see a swift conclusion to any anti-Rangers item in the media before it's blown out of all proportion :rolleyes:

There's only a "matter" when the papes in the mhedia decide there is, and it's only "over" when they say it is. Aberdeen are a team full of bheasts and Rangers-haters, they'll be treated lightly over this.

The P&J were initially the only ones to report the Letterkenny singing shame with Hartson and Pearson. They shamed the rest of the press into reporting it.

Aye, I remember that.

I wonder how those who feel there is no bias in the media square that circle?

The reaction of the majority of the sheepshagger fans to this incident is very interesting.

Bear (pun intended) in mind this is the 'support' who hounded Calderwood, who had a relatively successful tenure at sheepdome, out for one reason and one reason only - His Rangers credentials.

Compare and contrast their meek reaction to Celtic mindedness (bigotry) in their players and you really need to ask yourself what kind of people they are.

At the end of the day once the players cross the white line its down to them, and if Declans 2nd X1 decide to vary their 'performances' dependent on the opposition then if I was a season ticket holder at sheepdome I would seriously consider whether I was being sold short or not.

On another note the actual content of the Facebook messages tells you all you need to know about the psyche of the average West of Scotland RC.

"Stickin up the proddies" I think the comment was.

This is actually their raison d'etre - they aren't in the main, in any way interested in the minutiae of their 'religion' and would not withstand any half decent questioning on the ins and outs of papal infallibly but they are more interested in 'stickin it up the proddies'

This is a legacy of a schooling system which segregates kids at 5 years of age and perpetuates division and suspicion through the generations. All at taxpayers expense.

They often plead that 'seperate schooling isn't a problem in England' and whilst I would disagree with that as it is an issue the reason its not such a big issue is that the kids are not subjected to the 'stickin it up the proddies' mentality they are in Scotland.

Rangers FC are seen as 'the proddies' therefore the Institutional 'sticking it up the proddies' mentality perpetuated from schooldays into adulthood manifests itself in the disproportionate press coverage of our activities.

The above comments are in no way a reflection on the decent god fearing RC's who scuttle off to chapel daily - whilst I think they are misguided and using their religion as an emotional crutch and insurance policy I respect their right to scuttle daily and they dont tend to be the ones who want to 'stick it up the proddies'

Here endeth todays rant. :-)

Edited by PTB

Surprise surprise, Zander Diamond is at the centre of the scandal. He has to be in my top 5 of most hated players in Scotland, top 3 even!

They're only bringing shame on themselves, their club and their families.