When Celtic were chasing the game they were as dirty as hell.

They never even bothered chasing the game. As soon as Miller burst the net to make it 2-1, they downed tools completely.

Samaras' assault on Naismith at 3-1 - which reminded me of Sutton getting himself sent off at Ibrox a few years back - was symptomatic of how he and his team just completely threw in the towel. Looking back we were lucky none of our players left that shithole with a serious injury (assuming Papac's isn't too bad).

A loser team with a loser manager.

God bless Willie Vass for taking the 'he had his back turned' argument completely out of the equation. Its then down to the ref's interpretation of game situations and there are a few things on this point:

1. There was contact with KB and Mastarovic's knees

2. Mastarovic's hands were all over KB

3. Yes he went down easily but these decisions are made every week in football

4. It may have only been 2-1 at that point but it would be unfair for the Tims to try and make out this was a game-changer.

Provan was commenting all game about Mastarovic's tendency to get drawn into making rash challenges - it would appear to have been only a matter of time. He really is a hammer thrower.

Provan was commenting all game about Mastarovic's tendency to get drawn into making rash challenges - it would appear to have been only a matter of time. He really is a hammer thrower.

How good was it watching our front line against him and Loovens? I don't think I've ever felt as comfortable watching an OF game as I was in that second half. The pair of them, totally clueless against players with the intelligence of Naismith et al.

There's dodging bullets, and there's dodging Loovens :eek:

Just watched the highlights. I can see why the ref only gave Stokes a yellow card. It's only when you look at it in the replay that you see how dirty the "tackle" was.

As for McCullochs, never a booking. Absolutely no way. I think Collum realisd that and when "Elbows" brought down Samararse he never gave him another yellow because he knew he messed up his earlier tackle. McCulloch should've been booked for bringing down Samararse.

Samamarse had made no effort to play the ball when he kicked Naismith for his booking. These type of tackles should be straight reds. It's cheating!

Edited by Gazza_8

Once again it's all geared to look like Celtic got done over.

However. If we are demanding all decisions are made correctly and worrying over the "big decisions" the "game changers" we should start from the beginning. Lennon makes the point that with 10 men for us the game would have been different. Well the same applies to them.

The first "game changer" was in the first minute when stokes didn't walk. Celtic were allowed to play for a further 88 and a bit minutes plus stoppage time with 11 men instead of 10.

Their argument is we should have had Lee off. However, his first booking was not one so his nudge on Samaras, even if a booking, should have been his first. However, assuming they are correct and that he should have walked, you need to consider the fact that Celtic should already have been down to ten men before that. Having played with ten men for 30 minutes (McCullochs foul was about the 33rd minute) it is reasonable to assume the game would have played out differently and a ten men team would not have had a man running free through the middle of our half of the field. If Collum had got it right from the start, McCulloch's foul would more than likely not have come to pass. At any rate, he perhaps made one foul worthy of a booking and received a booking. It may have been for the wrong foul, but you can call that justice done.

The next so called "game changer" is the penalty. Now bearing in mind that although the score was only 2-1 then, in reality they never looked like getting back into it. It may well have been soft, but pictures clearly show the defender with hand all over him and blocking off his route with his leg. Broadfoot may have played for it, but that is not the same as diving. If you dive in, as Provan pointed out the defender has a habit of doing, clever players will take advantage of that. It's not proper cheatin, it may be unpalatable to some, but it is gamesmanship. And how can a team who had Ki playing, who everytime a player came near him remarkably found his legs disappear from under him without any contact, complain about that? The decision was soft, but "i've seen them given" and they have certainly been given against us.

At the end of the day though, all being fair and equal, with the ref getting the calls right from the start, Rangers would have played with 11 v 10 from the first minute and frankly more of them could have walked after that.

The referee clearly did not make any game changing decisions then. The team that really suffered was Rangers and we went on to win anyway.

Ps. Could anyone effectively sum up all the refereeing decisions stuff into a decent, easy to read article for the main site. Had enough of this pish being peddled about how they've been done again. :(

fypb0x.jpg

Stonewaller :spl: We would have beaten them anyway - penalty or no penalty. We could have had more goals on the break. Lafferty should have squared to Davis when through on the right. We've said this many times before but I cant think of man, if any of their players I would want in our team at the present time

Ok job for me. It's that old thing of 'consistancy' again. I have to say, the players,or more the Sellik players didint make life easy for him. The Stokes tackle was a shocker and if that was the 80th min, a defo sending off. But he got Jig's booking wrong, he got the ball and his studs wern't high at all. He then didn't book Samaras for exactly the same type of tackle except the Slimmy greek was no where near the ball.

Ki cfould also have been sent off. Again, consistancy. He got booked after he hacked Naisy and then pushed him, he then did the same to Miller later in the game (push to the face i think).

I thought the penalty was soft but i'll take it of course. I'd be pissed if that was given against us. There was contact but not really enough, broadfoot was on the way down anyway and the ref kinda was facing side on to the incident.

Tough tough job, for his first OF game, i think he did OK.

And may i also just add, Larsson,Sutton,Nakamura all diving little basas and got away with conning SPL refs for years. What goes around comes around but if Broadfoot is going to add the theatrics again,they've got to be better:whistle: