What do we do about the disallowed goal today then?

Unlike Celtic's complaints at the United game we have genuined cause for complaint in that the wrong decision was made. The ref imagined an infringement. I don't think we can continue with the dignified silence.

We have seen that the media will support their moans and run with it to the point that everyone now ignores the fact that the correct decision was made with that non penalty. The media will also help them push their campaign that Celtic get a raw deal with decisions. But that is clearly not true.

It would be better to say something after winning a game, so it doesn't look like sour grapes. But what to do, what to say? How to address it?

I think we should keep our trap shut, we won. No need to throw the toys out the pram and write "strongly worded" letters. I also think they would happily dish out punishments to us for openly criticising the refs. However the scum get away with letters, screaming in the face of officials and continuing to pursue and criticise previous incidents which is just pathetic, don't want us to sink to their level unless there is an extreme game changing incident. Had we not won today then there might have been questions about the officiating.

As long as WS told the ref after the game,in private, what he thought about the goal, then I prefer to keep quiet.

leave the whinging to the BHEASTS they are digging a hole for themselves,IMO,no need to go mental at a wrong decision,again leave that to the WLB.

As long as WS told the ref after the game,in private, what he thought about the goal, then I prefer to keep quiet.

leave the whinging to the BHEASTS they are digging a hole for themselves,IMO,no need to go mental at a wrong decision,again leave that to the WLB.

This, tbh, more respectful and see what the ref has to say for himself rather than the public shit they did.

I think people are missing the point. At no point, and I have reiterated this fact, have I suggested haranguing a referee. I refer to making a statement (or some other move) about Celtic and their attempts to pressure referees and the SFA.

Smith takes the dignified route:

Smith explained referee Craig Thomson's reasons for disallowing a first-half own goal by home keeper Craig Samson.

He punched into his own net under pressure from Naismith but the free kick was given for an apparent infringement on defender Jure Travner.

Smith added: "The referee has said there was a foul in the box, not on the goalkeeper but on another player. That was that.

"The boys were saying he said he saw a foul in the penalty area and if that's the case then it's a foul. If the referee sees an infringement and he explains that to us then that's fine.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20101107/walt-has-last-laff_2254024_2211255

Fair enough. Lets leave the referee moaning and conspiracies to them. We won the game despite the referee. I don't like Craig Thomosn I have to say and he has given a few decisions against us in the past but he's just not a very good referee nothing more. Wonder who the ref is for Tynecastle on Wednesday:fish:

This for me sums up our ethos.

You won't hear Walter complain about the ref today, no cheating B@stards from his lips. no running onto the pitch to congratulate his players, no letter sent from the Rangers board to the SFA asking about today's decisions. No ex-players or club ambassadors bleating in the press about conspiracies, no Ref or his home and family being targeted and abused by supporters. No just a dignified silence from all connected with Rangers, that's why THE RANGERS FAMILY are 'SIMPLY THE BEST'

"Injustice is a strong word to use, isn't it? It is hardly an injustice. The ref said he saw a foul and if he saw it, that's it. If you operate in a tabloid world, then maybe it's an injustice. No doubt we will write to the SFA to ask for an explanation. That's a joke, by the way."

On yersel Walter!