Celts fans in poppy ââ?¬Ë?disgraceââ?¬â?¢

Sorry but when half a stand are holding up a banner how on earth is it a minority? Why did the 'decent Celtic fans' *cough* not take issue with it.

neanderthal morons

Because there's another 3 and a half stands who aren't holding it up. If fans wanted to be in that section then I'm sure it's easy enough for them to get in.

Hardly half a stand anyway, it's the corner of the North and East Stands.

Who says the decent Celtic fans haven't taken issue with it? Just because it's not in the news doesn't mean they haven't. That said, I'm not holding my breath about that.

Edited by Gazza_8

Not every support has a group of arseholes officially condoned by the club (although they are far more than mere arseholes).

They have repeatedly shown pro-IRA banners and the club contnue to do nothing about it and to sanction the group.

The message being put out has the tacit support of the directors of Celtic Football Club.

Agreed with your 1st paragraph but I was talking about the normal Celtic supporters who, like my mate supports Celtic because he was born just down the road from the stadium and went to games with his dad. He has nothing to do with the Green Brigade or the pish that they spout. I doubt very much he's the only supporter like that.

I'm sure we have a song that goes U-U-UVF, U-U-UVF.

I'm sure we have a song that goes U-U-UVF, U-U-UVF.

I think I've heard that song once in 10 years at any game I've been to...

Meanwhile Celtic fans glorify the IRA every week to no punishment.

I think I've heard that song once in 10 years at any game I've been to...

Meanwhile Celtic fans glorify the IRA every week to no punishment.

It's sung at away games. Granted I've not heard it as much these days but it was always sung at Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Easter Rd and Parkhead.

My point is, every support has an element of fans who bring the club they 'support' down.

Of course every club does - I've never said otherwise.

However Celtic FC allow the Green Brigade to constantly make pro-IRA chants and banners; as well as other sectarian stuff. Strathclyde Police also do little to stop this behaviour which is puzzling at best.

I'll make a point to look have a look through our legislation database at work to see what I can find out about supporting terrorist organisations.

I'm off annual leave for 2 weeks........what a bastard. :D