Celts fans in poppy ââ?¬Ë?disgraceââ?¬â?¢

Would it be worth complaining about the match commander at Parkhead?

I haven't a clue mate.

When a cop gets a complaint from a member of the public it's investigated thoroughly by the complaints and discipline department. Who knows what happens if/when a complaint is made against a senior officer. I don't see why the process shouldn't be any different though.

Edited by Gazza_8

I haven't a clue mate.

When a cop gets a complaint from a member of the public it's investigated thoroughly by the complaints and discipline department. Who knows what happens if/when a complaint is made against a senior officer.

My dad knows. :D

It's not as if this is a new thing with the Green Brigade in terms of glorifying outlawed terror groups:

Referencing the provisional IRA:

14nenwn.jpg

IRA prisoners motto (Unbowed and Unbroken parodied here):

34zhbw0.jpg

IRA poem:

2w56qu1.jpg

IRA gunrunner who laid their centre spot:

51br00.jpg

The latest banner also uses a lyric from an IRA ballad lamenting James Connolly.

It's certainly no minority who revel in that shite either. Celtic FC can deny it all they like, but it's nothing short of a bare-faced lie to say it's a small minority of their support. On the contrary, a large percentage of their support are IRA supporters because it's part of what makes them what they are. If anything, it's probably less than 50% of their support, who aren't interested in that stuff, which would make the enlightened, non-sectarian bigots amongst them the true minority.

Edited by Zappa

It's certainly no minority who revel in that shite either. Celtic FC can deny it all they like, but it's nothing short of a bare-faced lie to say it's a small minority of their support. On the contrary, a large percentage of their support are IRA supporters because it's part of what makes them what they are. If anything, it's probably less than 50% of their support, who aren't interested in that stuff, which would make the enlightened, non-sectarian bigots amongst them the true minority.

I'd love to know where you got your facts from. Or are you just having an educated guess or even just a guess?

Celtic Trust back TGB in a statement released today...

Still a minority then but an increasing one by the minute it seems.

Was listening to Clyde 1 phone-in earlier. Hugh Keevins said the same thing as me. :D

:flipa:

Infact, is that something to be proud of?!?!?!

I'd love to know where you got your facts from. Or are you just having an educated guess or even just a guess?

I worked at both Parkhead and Ibrox on every home game for 3 years when I was at high school Gav. It was the best paid job going for me at the time while still at school & the guy next door to us was my boss so I got a lift to work every game. He was as bitter a person as they come, but he paid me double, sometimes triple what my friends were making in their weekend jobs at the time. Lets just say I know exactly what their support are like. I'm not saying there aren't plenty nice people who go to support Celtic, but I know for a fact that there's a very large percentage of bitter, bitter people who do indeed hold the likes of the Green Brigade and the things they stand for in high esteem.

In other words... it's just an educated guess. ;)

I worked at both Parkhead and Ibrox on every home game for 3 years when I was at high school Gav. It was the best paid job going for me at the time while still at school & the guy next door to us was my boss so I got a lift to work every game. He was as bitter a person as they come, but he paid me double, sometimes triple what my friends were making in their weekend jobs at the time. Lets just say I know exactly what their support are like. I'm not saying there aren't plenty nice people who go to support Celtic, but I know for a fact that there's a very large percentage of bitter, bitter people who do indeed hold the likes of the Green Brigade and the things they stand for in high esteem.

In other words... it's just an educated guess. ;)

:thup:

Making an educated guess myself, I bet there's a few bitter, bitter Rangers supporters.