2018/2022 World Cups

Glad it's not England tbh.

Also didn't like some of the comments I was hearing about why they should be getting it. Tbh if there's a counry who hasn't done it before who has a decent/reasonable bid then they should always be the leading choice.

Russia have won the 2018 World Cup!!!!

Right again! :D

Was hardly a big shocker to get that one right - they were 1/3 favourites FFS. That is like me saying that there is snow in Scotland this week :thup:

Glad it's not England tbh.

Also didn't like some of the comments I was hearing about why they should be getting it. Tbh if there's a counry who hasn't done it before who has a decent/reasonable bid then they should always be the leading choice.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you I would urge you to take a look at the winning nation's bids and then compare them to England (2018) and USA (2022) - both Russia and Qatar have to basically start from scratch - I think each nation only has ONE stadium which presently meets FIFA's requirements. Admittedly they have a lot of time to get themselves organised and, also admittedly, the finance. But you just never know.

I wouldnt have minded England getting it as they already have the infrastructure (for the most part) but at the same time England getting it would see yet more money pumped into their game and see them moving ever further into the distance from us.

Just got my Russia top today that will be on show at Uni tomorrow.

Strange about Qatar it is tiny. So they pick the smallest and largest country to host the world cups. Money does talk, don't mind Russia but the US or Australia would have been so much better.

Russia deserved to win it for turning up with the model Natalia Vodianova! :D

England should have made a joint bid with Scotland. In Blatter's speach before opening the envelopes he mentioned England and Scotland together as the home of football or something along those lines. Including Scotland might well have improved their chances.

Was hardly a big shocker to get that one right - they were 1/3 favourites FFS. That is like me saying that there is snow in Scotland this week :thup:

Hadn't even been looking into it & didn't have a clue what the odds were. Just an educated guess, so stop taking the shine off it! :D