2018/2022 World Cups

was actually hoping England would get it so I could get down to see some games. i don't think i'd make it back from Russia alive :)

Kaliningrad is where it is at its separate from Russia and between Poland and Lithuania.

They're talking about corruption and organised crime in Russia already FFS!! :rolleyes:

That guy Eddie Afekafe that spoke for England sounded like a dude off of Shameless. Talking about growing up in the roughest part of Manchester & his mates going to jail lol.

Surely it's no worse than the hooligan problem in Russia?

Maybe not, I'm not sure, although the cities in England are all really close together, so you'd have hooligans from clubs all over England getting togther to cause (or at least get involved in) trouble. They've got a history of joining forces for going abroad, so there's a fairly high chance they'd join forces for some World Cup action on their doorstep.

Ha, and indeed, ha.

No less than England deserve. They absolutely thought 2018 was their god-given right. Congratulations Russia, even if both their and Qatar's success no doubt had brown envelopes involved. In fact Qatar staging a World Cup is a bit of a joke - population 1.5m, no football heritage, but would you believe it, lots and lots of oil money.

It'll be interesting to see the extent of the backlash against the BBC, the Sunday Times, and the fans of Birmingham FC and Aston Villa FC. I'm no fan of the BBC, but I thought they were absolutely right to investigate the dodgy dealings of an undoubtedly corrupt organisation whose ever-growing obsession with big money has ruined the game. The only thing I'd question was the timing. The fans at last night's Birmingham v Villa match on the other hand, deserve all the wrath which I hope comes their way.

In fact Qatar staging a World Cup is a bit of a joke - population 1.5m, no football heritage, but would you believe it, lots and lots of oil money.

They're one of the countries in the world with the largest gas supply. Top 3 I think! :boogie:

I'm no fan of the BBC, but I thought they were absolutely right to investigate the dodgy dealings of an undoubtedly corrupt organisation whose ever-growing obsession with big money has ruined the game. The only thing I'd question was the timing.

The BBC are just about as corrupt as any corrupt org'. In one sense it's easy to jump to the conclusion that it's hypocritical of them to investigate corruption at all, but in another sense the people working for them don't all know the extent of the corruption. I'd be tempted to hazard a guess that at least SOME government ministers knew exactly what Panorama were doing & potentially even instigated it! :boogie:

Ha, and indeed, ha.

No less than England deserve. They absolutely thought 2018 was their god-given right. Congratulations Russia, even if both their and Qatar's success no doubt had brown envelopes involved. In fact Qatar staging a World Cup is a bit of a joke - population 1.5m, no football heritage, but would you believe it, lots and lots of oil money.

It'll be interesting to see the extent of the backlash against the BBC, the Sunday Times, and the fans of Birmingham FC and Aston Villa FC. I'm no fan of the BBC, but I thought they were absolutely right to investigate the dodgy dealings of an undoubtedly corrupt organisation whose ever-growing obsession with big money has ruined the game. The only thing I'd question was the timing. The fans at last night's Birmingham v Villa match on the other hand, deserve all the wrath which I hope comes their way.

Nail on the head Norris this choice is only based on one thing. The Fifa and Sepp Blatter can fill his\their piggy bank with lots of money. Russia will let them bend their already flexible laws to suit the laws of the FIFA as South Africa did. The Fifa and Sepp Blatter is one of the most corrupt organisations in the world. Any country who pledges allegiance to Sepp will be okay for payouts to supposedly improve the game in that land, and fill some pockets of course..

Nail on the head Norris this choice is only based on one thing. The Fifa and Sepp Blatter can fill his\their piggy bank with lots of money. Russia will let them bend their already flexible laws to suit the laws of the FIFA as South Africa did. The Fifa and Sepp Blatter is one of the most corrupt organisations in the world. Any country who pledges allegiance to Sepp will be okay for payouts to supposedly improve the game in that land, and fill some pockets of course..

You are only pissed because Holland lost out ;)