2018/2022 World Cups

I think FIFA are corrupt at the top. My guess is Qatar have bought the 2022 WC. It will be 50oC in the summer there, crazy heat and crazy to have a WC in a tiny place. I thought the other 4 were all much better shouts.

I was hoping England got the 2018 one as Euro 96 was a cracking tournament and felt they could better it. But Russia was a banker and fair decision as they havent held a tournament before.

Russia will be good, how many guys will be getting Russian brides after this?:sneaky:

But i'm stunned England didn't get anywhere near it, FiFA seems to have it in for the English.

Can't believe Qatar got it,they clearly bought it IMO. Australia put so much work into it and i think would have been a much better choice. Perhaps im being biased but this is surely one of the most least attractive WC's to date??

FIFA are a joke, full of old fuddy duddies that are clearly out for their own interests.

Can't believe Qatar got it,they clearly bought it IMO..

Their bid included a promise of spending �£40 billion (yes, billion) on building a transport network! Defo bought it!... :boogie:

Russia will be good, how many guys will be getting Russian brides after this?:sneaky:

But i'm stunned England didn't get anywhere near it, FiFA seems to have it in for the English.

Can't believe Qatar got it,they clearly bought it IMO. Australia put so much work into it and i think would have been a much better choice. Perhaps im being biased but this is surely one of the most least attractive WC's to date??

FIFA are a joke, full of old fuddy duddies that are clearly out for their own interests.

I heard the Aussies presentation was pretty poor, might have swung it?

I think both decisions were made well before the presentations, politics won it for them nothing else IMO.

Obviously I knew that but it was a slight sarcasm but their presentation was not brilliant. Would it have mattered? No.

Purely in terms of stadiums, Australia could host it tomorrow.

The US could host it tomorrow too - every single one of their stadia is already built for such events. Every single stadium has at least 65,000 seats and they handle vast numbers of traffic and tourists.

That said, I would have given it to Oz too as they havent had it before - Australasia hasnt had it before so it would have made sense.

The US could host it tomorrow too - every single one of their stadia is already built for such events. Every single stadium has at least 65,000 seats and they handle vast numbers of traffic and tourists.

That said, I would have given it to Oz too as they havent had it before - Australasia hasnt had it before so it would have made sense.

But the US hosted it, in relative terms, very recently. Which is why I also couldn't understand Japan's bid.