Should the F word be starred out?

Should the F word be starred out?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F word be starred out?

Good to see an interesting open debate on this.

I've removed all censored words which were a remnant of years gone by on here and now the forum style (and membership) has changed somewhat I'm happy to remove the redacted stuff.

As ever we trust our membership to use such words carefully and responsibly. We will of course moderate on an ad-hoc basis if need be. If anyone thinks any post is in bad taste, then please report it.

:)

There are no better words to describe them than f.enian and t.aig, the use of which should be actively encouraged.

I mean, it's perfectly acceptable to say 'hun' in the national media, or anywhere else, without fear of repercussion. Why on earth should we be pandering to these same people?

The only thing we should pander to is common decency and our Rangers supporting pedigree.

Fenian and taig have their place where appropriate but IMO words such as these have much stronger effect when used correctly.

I would argue that fenian is more acceptable than the widely-used "hun". Even the most head in the sand Celtic-minded bigot, which admittedly is most of them, can't link Fenianism to Roman Catholicism. They've also never been able to explain that if "hun" was simply an anti-Rangers insult, why they have in the past sung "Go home ya huns" to followers of Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hearts etc.

All very basic points that until a co-ordinated fightback begins, will be forever lost in the hysteria of the McConnellite 'anti-sectarianism' (no laughing) crusade.

Fenian is more acceptable than hun but that doesn't mean either should be used just for the hell of it...

Rangers FC have always been a class above that mob (now more than ever) and that should be reflected in our choice of language when appropriate.

Problem is, literally speaking, even FTP has merit if you want to go down the Celtic route of being able to make 'political' statements at football games.

For the most part, any sensible person can judge the individual intentions. It's only when trouble-makers like Spiers (and misguided fans) muddy the waters that a problem can occur.

Cringeworthy sums up the use of all these words pretty well as opposed to sectarian, racist or the like.

In what context do we use fenian? I'm not being naive here but, when we use the word it's generally aimed at septic fans. I don't see folk coming out of chapel and think to my myself"what a bunch of fenian bastards. I do however think along those lines when seeing folk in green and grey hooped tops.

They call themselves 'fenians' because they see themselves as warriors, yet when we, Rangers fans, use it, it is seen as offensive. We're called huns right across the board in Scotland and nothing is done about it. Why shouldn't we use fenain when discussing septic fans?

Isn't it ironic that the only people who find it offensive are the same people who use it themselves! Have you ever heard of one Rangers fan calling another bear a hun? I haven't.

In what context do we use fenian? I'm not being naive here but, when we use the word it's generally aimed at septic fans. I don't see folk coming out of chapel and think to my myself"what a bunch of fenian bastards. I do however think along those lines when seeing folk in green and grey hooped tops.

To be honest I have heard quite a few people making fenian bastard comments about people going into/out of chapels and or blessing themselves etc. The point is it's ambiguous, but that they're claiming all the amiguous ground that should be the realms of free speech as their own.