Should the F word be starred out?

Should the F word be starred out?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F word be starred out?

It appears to me from there last couple of posts, that Cumbernauld has missed Norris' point and not the other way around.

Norris is not talking about defending our ills because "they're doing it too". He's saying it's a bullshit scenario that only one group can and will be held accountable for their actions an words. Particularly when the word in question is not sectarian, bigotted or as offensive as many others used against us.

Imo it is a pointless view to have mate. Yes we defo seem to be getting rough treatment, but can we really moan that muct until we sort our side out first?

I will always have the view that i support Rangers and sing songs about Rangers, not about any religion.

And others think making a stand, for example singing TBB, is the only way to force a proper, grown-up debate about what is sectarian and what isn't, and have this settled once and for all. The likes of Spiers and McGillivan have used many things in their prolonged campaign of attack against the club and its supporters. Facts, sadly, haven't been one of them.

I'm just trying to comment on what I honestly think is the current state of affairs. Do you think there isn't a concerted campaign to slander Rangers supporters going on? If there isn't, then hands up, I must be paraniod. But it certainly feels like there is to me and thousands of others.

I have said we get some rough treatment but alot of people ae taking it too far.

They're claiming all the ground due the fact they systematically position themselves in places of power, complain, then use a well oiled propaganda machine and in football related terms, our club has no backbone.

Anything that isn't Celtic will be labelled as some sort of protestant established organisation. From that, people tend to let it go for fear of reprisals in one shape or form.

To be honest, if I want to sing the famine song, TBB or NPOR, then I will. Nobody can stop me, you or anyone else.

Whilst I agree with you in terms of your own freedom of speech, when it comes to the forum and legal responsibility - admin (Frankie, Barry and myself) potentially are legally reproachable on this subject.

So, yes, we can stop you. At least in terms of what you post on this forum. It is easy for you to say "you cant stop me" but if we are then held legally responsible for your actions then even the most stubborn should surely see that we should stop them.

However... as far as the debate goes.... I dont think it should be starred out. I am sure some of THEM would take offense and possibly even try to cause misery for us. IMO, fuck them. They use "hun" far more than we use "F" and I do believe that BOTH are outlawed in the Scottish courts. They cant have it both ways - they make noise about us we can always retort in the interests of fairness.

Personally I would allow the full word to be posted - I dont see the harm in it, even if THEY do. I say unstar it. If the courts come after us I guess I could allow the Scottish legal system to follow me to Bermuda... best not plan on being home anytime soon.....

For me an Catholic and a Fenian are two different things, one is member of or adherent to a religious organisation. the other is an adherent and member of an political cause, being an member of one is not inclusive to being a member of the other.

No .... but the correlation might be quite strong:D

Whilst I agree with you in terms of your own freedom of speech, when it comes to the forum and legal responsibility - admin (Frankie, Barry and myself) potentially are legally reproachable on this subject.

So, yes, we can stop you. At least in terms of what you post on this forum. It is easy for you to say "you cant stop me" but if we are then held legally responsible for your actions then even the most stubborn should surely see that we should stop them.

However... as far as the debate goes.... I dont think it should be starred out. I am sure some of THEM would take offense and possibly even try to cause misery for us. IMO, fuck them. They use "hun" far more than we use "F" and I do believe that BOTH are outlawed in the Scottish courts. They cant have it both ways - they make noise about us we can always retort in the interests of fairness.

Personally I would allow the full word to be posted - I dont see the harm in it, even if THEY do. I say unstar it. If the courts come after us I guess I could allow the Scottish legal system to follow me to Bermuda... best not plan on being home anytime soon.....

Good answer.:D

Sorry, I did pick you up wrong and I'm a bit quick to jump on what I see as an "I will do whatever I want" attitude.

However, maybe you have to ask yourself why your are having a "sash-bash" at all, if it's not intended to offend anyone? I can maybe understand if you're an Orangeman but if you're not then your motives become hazy and seem to be intending to offend - especially when you know they are offended. Remember, it's hypocritical to sing things to offend people and then get defensive when they take you to task on it.

Sash-bash is, or once was, part and parcel of following Rangers. Maybe not for everyone, but any time I'm over the ferry, boat and pub is usually bouncing. It's usually in the company of like minded people. To me it's banter, nothing more. You don't have to an orangemen to sing the sash or other songs from NI though.

Perception's in the eye of the beholder, and sash bashes don't annoy me nor do rebels doing their bit. I live close enough to a republican area and every August they have some festival that includes late night parties, there's plenty of song and chants one would deem offensive coming out of it yet, not once have I ever felt the need to complain.

Edited by Stimpy

Neither the H word nor the F word should be banned and neither should in any way be illegal, irrespective of context or user. The current situation or at least the common perception of that situation is, frankly, absurd. That offence should be entirely judged by the recipient is absurd. That people should act in this way is absurd and no different from the cheat who dives in the box for a penalty. Yet even the courts have capitulated to this madness and society in general is awed by the victim and the craving for victimhood. So Gersnet needn't feel unduly guilty, there are bigger fish that have lost sight of reality.