Supporters direct survey

The wee arsehole from this organisation was on radio Scotland tonight , after 5 minutes listening to him anything this mob have to say is irrelevant to me , he would reduce us to the level of the juniors just to get a say , there are far too many tails wagging a very small dog .

10 team spl , 10 team spl2 , bottom team demoted , top of spl 2 promoted , 2nd bottom of spl and 2nd 3rd and 4th from spl 2 go into a play off ,games played at neutral grounds all gate and tv money split evenly amongst all teams of both leagues .

There are far too many small teams dividing far too small a population , a bit like opening a costa coffee on every street corner , basic cannabalisation.

What we need is the two league getting better, put spl reserves down into regional leagues below the spl 2 and I am sorry to say let the rest find their own level

10 team league, vintage devolution.

This country is fucked.

I'd like to see some sort of uk based setup (pipe dream I know).

One thing they need to realise is the only hope Scottish football has is the old firm. The old firm need to improve and expand and try drag Scottish football out of the shit hole its in.

Unfortunately across the board in Scotland and the UK really theres been a lack of proactive development not just in football but everything. To think we used to used to be an empire held in high regard...stop the boat i want aff

Edited by Totti

10 team spl , 10 team spl2 , bottom team demoted , top of spl 2 promoted , 2nd bottom of spl and 2nd 3rd and 4th from spl 2 go into a play off ,games played at neutral grounds all gate and tv money split evenly amongst all teams of both leagues .

l

Fucking hell, why are people here so fucking stupid (Scotland)?

The old firm are both average teams, but big clubs with some decent players and capable of doing ok in Europe now and then (well us anyway). Outwith that you have horrendous pish thats not going anywhere fast. I'm not sure how other countries operate, but the big clubs in similar leagues to us seem to be doing far better than us economically.

The old firm should be getting near every fucking penny that this pish league can generate. Better having 2 good teams than none

The best Rangers team I ever saw was the product of an 18 team league. The same 18 team league that had Hibs, Hearts and Dundee all performing at the highest level in European competition. We made three Euro finals from an 18 team league. The old mantra of meaningless games is such shite I can't imagine why anyone would swallow it..... are there no meaningless games today?

I sometimes think we've been seduced by a European dream that we'll never really be part of again. We'll never again compete financially at the highest level and it's time we stopped deluding ourselves. Neither will the national team ever again qualify regularly for big tournaments. The fact is that the problem isn't income, it's expenditure. Scottish clubs, including Rangers, spend too much money and the consequence is a football structure that cannot possibly succeed. We're not English, we'll never play in England and Europe will soon be well beyond our means to compete - get used to it.

Rangers was Rangers long before this Euro madness and will still be Rangers after we're forced to turn our backs on it. The biggest problem is becoming the support itself, which cannot accept the new reality and grows increasingly discontented. You can only ever play the cards you're dealt and that means existing within much narrower boundaries in future.

The wee arsehole from this organisation was on radio Scotland tonight

I don't see any need to reduce the argument to that level.

I have just listened to his comments on the iplayer and I didn't hear him support one size of league over any other.

It is self evident that there are far too many so called "senior football" teams in Scotland, who would only be accorded non-league status, if they even existed in other countries; but there is a legitimate argument about the size of the SPL1, that essentially revolves around whether you are content with playing the other teams 4x a season or not.

Personally, I have had enough of it and I haven't heard one manager or player speak in favour of it. I think we have just about enough decent teams in Scotland to make up a 16 and playing once each home and away would make each game much more meaningful. I would go for a straight two up, two down but wouldn't object to play offs if that is the majority opinion.

More than 2,500 have contributed to the survey, so the results should be a meaningful test of opinion.

The old firm should be getting near every fucking penny that this pish league can generate. Better having 2 good teams than none

The only problem that I see with that is that Rangers and Celtic need teams to play against and if they get all the money then there won't be any teams to play against or the ones that are left will be so bad that we'll beat them 10-0 every week, how exciting would that be?

There's no game without a referee and there's no game without opposition. However, unlike the referees, we can't bring in teams from Israel and Poland to play against. Scottish football has always existed on the bounty from the old firm be it gate receipts, TV money or transfers; I can't see how it will ever be any different.

The best Rangers team I ever saw was the product of an 18 team league. The same 18 team league that had Hibs, Hearts and Dundee all performing at the highest level in European competition. We made three Euro finals from an 18 team league. The old mantra of meaningless games is such shite I can't imagine why anyone would swallow it..... are there no meaningless games today?

I sometimes think we've been seduced by a European dream that we'll never really be part of again. We'll never again compete financially at the highest level and it's time we stopped deluding ourselves. Neither will the national team ever again qualify regularly for big tournaments. The fact is that the problem isn't income, it's expenditure. Scottish clubs, including Rangers, spend too much money and the consequence is a football structure that cannot possibly succeed. We're not English, we'll never play in England and Europe will soon be well beyond our means to compete - get used to it.

Rangers was Rangers long before this Euro madness and will still be Rangers after we're forced to turn our backs on it. The biggest problem is becoming the support itself, which cannot accept the new reality and grows increasingly discontented. You can only ever play the cards you're dealt and that means existing within much narrower boundaries in future.

Europe is the only fucking time we play against talented opposition.

We may as well fucking give up and not bother with your fucking attitude.

The only fucking hope I have for our shite future is for new ownership to somehow make us financially bouyant and capable of attracting superior players to the pish in our current squad.

If you stand back a minute and look at our club, what the fuck has happened? Is it worth bothering anymore? Unable to field a full fucking sub bench? Shite like Lee McCulloloch? Pish squad etc?

Edited by Super_Ally
Childish outburst

The only fucking hope I have for our shite future is for new ownership to somehow make us financially bouyant and capable of attracting superior players to the pish in our current squad.

If you stand back a minute and look at our club, what the fuck has happened? Is it worth bothering anymore? Unable to field a full fucking sub bench? Shite like Lee Grade A wanka McCulloloch? Pish squad etc? Pass me a gun I want to shoot dAVID MURRAY the use;ss fucking wanker thats destroyed our previius;y great cub

Look to me like you gave up some time ago but feel free to keep on chasing shadows. The past os over, if we're honest much of it wasn't so brilliant anyway (I still remember sitting watching Juventus take the piss at Ibrox) and the club is probably a bigger shambles because of it.

If you keep on hankering after what cannot be achieved, where do you suppose it's likely to lead you? You seriously need to find a way to move on instead of wishing for another Murray to come along.

If you stand back a minute and look at our club, what the fuck has happened? Is it worth bothering anymore? Unable to field a full fucking sub bench? Shite like Lee Grade A wanka McCulloloch? Pish squad etc? Pass me a gun I want to shoot dAVID MURRAY the use;ss fucking wanker thats destroyed our previius;y great cub

TOTTI we reached a UEFA cup final with these rubbish players , any team if properly organised can flourish , the days of bringing big players on massive wages and telling them to get on with it are long gone.

Nearly every team in the EPl are in massieve debt , yes they may be able to pay it just now but this cannot continue indefinetly , no new owner will throw money around like confetti