Supporters direct survey

My biggest problem with a bigger league is what happened before , too many teams end up with nothing to play for , teams from approx 5th to 13th in a 16 end up playing meaningless games , we have been here before .

To get proper competition we need meaningful games

Shame you can't just publish them before the meeting since it's now been rescheduled for 4th January...

The preliminary results have gone out on a Press Release this afternoon and I can post them here tomorrow morning. The survey will remain open until Wed night.

Thanks again to all who responded.

My biggest problem with a bigger league is what happened before , too many teams end up with nothing to play for , teams from approx 5th to 13th in a 16 end up playing meaningless games , we have been here before .

To get proper competition we need meaningful games

How about 4 up/4 down perhaps, 2 automatic and the other 4 in play offs for 2 places. I think Italy has 4 up/4 down and it does give smaller clubs the incentive to strive for the top league and then get the benefits. It would also improve the quality of the lower league. That would mean that half the 16 would be involved in relegation battles and most of the top 8 would have a chance of Europe. I accept there would be a quality issue, it's not a perfect world!

I have no problem with promotion / relegation , the only problem is if it goes to a 16 who are you left with to promote , Morton ,cowdenbeath , stirling , within one season you have devalued the Scottish game down to the level of the conference down south , would love to see Sky screen a Cowdenbeath v Hamilton game midwek in February.

Absolute Madness we have far too many teams , but not enough top teams , christ Sky are already showing games with stadiums barely half full .

As for Europe at the moment Rangers alone are responsible for over 57% of Scotland's coefficient points , we have suffered too long with cup losers getting into europe

As for Europe at the moment Rangers alone are responsible for over 57% of Scotland's coefficient points , we have suffered too long with cup losers getting into europe

No argument with you on that. Actually in the country coefficients Rangers are responsible for 9 of our 15 points (60%) so obvioulsy more than the rest put together. And even Motherwell with 3.5 scored more than Celtic with 2. But as you rightly point out its the 0.5 for Dundee United and the big 0.0 for Hibs that are dragging us down. We're struggling two places behind Cyprus and 11 behind Israel this season. If it wasn't for our 2007/08 run, we'd be keeping company with Ireland in the overall rankings.

Thing is that's with a 12 team league, what I'm not sure about is how going back to 10 would make that level of performance any better?

Guys - can we please tone down the language a bit where possible...

Appreciate people are passionate and the odd swear word is absolutely fine but now and again other words will strengthen your argument instead.

:)