To be fair mate I don't think bain's negotiating powers are great.

He's had a few successes and a few failures. He definitely deserves to be criticised for some (JRod is one that springs to mind), but I'm not sure that it's fair to criticise him on this when everyone knew Rangers were desperate to get rid of Adam. How many other clubs were interested, and could be used as a negotiating tool?

He's had a few successes and a few failures. He definitely deserves to be criticised for some (JRod is one that springs to mind), but I'm not sure that it's fair to criticise him on this when everyone knew Rangers were desperate to get rid of Adam. How many other clubs were interested, and could be used as a negotiating tool?

Yes, but if you're the buying club you probably prefer the 500k + sell on clause as you may never pay it or it may be tiny. It reduces the risk - especially as (with a quick bit of arithmetic from the reports) the 10% is anything above the original 500k. That means if he is not a success they can move him on and are 200k quids in.

When they start to lose money is if the player is sold for 2.5M or above and they only equal the amount they would have lost if the player is sold for 4.5M.

With the odds of the player reaching that latter sum hardly a banker, Blackpool made a good choice but ultimately they will lose 100k. That blow will be softened by the 2.9M windfall...

We bought Davis for �£3m. I don't see that Adam is better than Davis (based on last season's form).

We bought Davis who wasn't getting a game in England. Adam has been one of the top performing players in the championship and now the premiership 2 years running.

I was always of the opinion �£500,000 was not the true worth of Adam, something I said on here. But under the circumstances it was all we were going to get. Therefore a sell-on clause was a must in my mind. I hope Blackpool hold out till the summer, �£20m to Man C !!!

• 1 month later...

An assist and another great performance today getting a man of the match award.

If you didn't laugh you'd cry. It shows what a useless bunch of cunts our management and board are.

Charlie Adam will not be a far off shout for player of the year in England. Do we get an award for clueless fuckwits of the century who somehow managed to make a player capable of being one of the best players in the premiership look like an idiot? Oh, and we only got �£500k for a player probably worth not far off FORTY times that now