Kyle and Dignity?

Over these last three home games, I have paid particular attention to the big man; can he squeeze his size thirteens into Kenny's size eights? Against Killie, he was a constant threat and scored a sublime goal. He should have bagged a hat-trick against the Snackies; last night he had five attempts on goal and hit the target once. A mixed bag indeed!

One constant, is Kyle's demonstrative ways. The Big man is BIG on pathos, the gloved hands are cupped around his head emulating Edvard Munch's most famous creation. Kyle's range expands to standing on one leg and hopping around after any number of challenges. Occasionally, he combines the two for, 'the hopping scream'. The big man warrants an Equity Card.

Increasingly, I find Lafferty can stimulate genuine anger; last night in the second half he is moved wide left and in as many minutes, he has four attempts to run past the highly mobile, Ross Tokley. He fails on every count, the fourth loss of possesion sees Inverness spring a counter, culminating with a whipped cross into our box. Big Kyle remains hopping on the half way line.

Tweat me this, have Kyle and dignity ever been introduced? I am not demanding they be strange bedfellows, I am not asking he sails up the west coast, visiting villages and towns, and I am not requesting he submits to formal decorum. Please, please me, find some self esteem and put in an honest shift.

Edited by 26th of foot

He is rubbish on the left, yet keeps playing there. He can't dribble.

He is rubbish more often than not in attack but again isn't helped by being played with the wrong partner. I'll be saying this till I'm blue in the face but big striker + big striker does not work.

I don't rate Lafferty whatsoever but he's not being used properly. Hopefully our attack will now be Jelavic + Naismith/Fleck and Lafferty can be (expensive) backup for Jelavic

I have a very bad feeling knowing Walter we're going to play Lafferty and Jelavic together in attack, they will have no chemistry whatsoever as they'll both be doing the same role and we'll lose the campaign with everyone thinking the missing Kenny Miller is the reason

Edited by Totti

I've had serious concerns about Lafferty ever since we signed him, but despite the fact that I could list a bunch of things I dislike about him, I don't actually see the point. If he's going to come good for us he probably needs some encouragement rather than a slagging, although falling off the team bus while acting the clown and ending up out of action for 5/6 weeks with a broken finger is total stupidity and almost unforgivable. Lucky for him Scotland ground to a halt because of a wee bit of snow!

Increasingly, I find Lafferty can stimulate genuine anger; last night in the second half he is moved wide left and in as many minutes, he has four attempts to run past the highly mobile, Ross Tokley. He fails on every count, the fourth loss of possesion sees Inverness spring a counter, culminating with a whipped cross into our box. Big Kyle remains hopping on the half way line.

I didn't like the changes that were made last night. Weiss was being bullied out of the game on the left, but the answer (IMO) was just to move him to the right away from that thug Tokely and let him do his stuff on that side. Instead we had Weiss taken off and Lafferty moved to the left, but I'd much rather that both Lafferty and Beattie had made way for Jelavic and Fleck with Weiss told to move to the right. Wasn't happy about Ness being taken off for Edu either because Ness was winning a lot of balls in midfield and we were dominating.

I didn't like the changes that were made last night. Weiss was being bullied out of the game on the left, but the answer (IMO) was just to move him to the right away from that thug Tokely and let him do his stuff on that side. Instead we had Weiss taken off and Lafferty moved to the left, but I'd much rather that both Lafferty and Beattie had made way for Jelavic and Fleck with Weiss told to move to the right. Wasn't happy about Ness being taken off for Edu either because Ness was winning a lot of balls in midfield and we were dominating.

Was saying that after about 30 minutes, if that long, last night. Move Weiss to the other side of the pitch and have Davis go up against Tokely. Whilst not as physical as Tokely, Davis wouldnt have been so easily brushed off the ball.

Ness likely was taken off due to his age and him having played a couple of games - Walter likes to ease the kids in (if at all according to some...)

Rangers allow players like tokely to get away with far too much, we really should put someone on taigy thugs like him and let them know we will not be bullied nor intimidated.

And Butcher was going on about Weiss constantly getting decisions from the ref in the post-match interview when we all witnessed Tokely continually fouling him. Maybe the title of the thread should have been 'Butcher and Dignity?'.

Ive always previously thought Lafferty has a bit of talent in the locker but it was his attitude and immaturity that was holding him back. But Im beginning to doubt if he does have a bit of talent after all.

With Miller all but gone its a chance for Lafferty to step up to the plate and take a bit of responsibility especially with a few younger guys like Ness, hutton and Fleck chasing a 1st team place. If he doesnt grab this opportunity then we should bin him.

Ive always previously thought Lafferty has a bit of talent in the locker but it was his attitude and immaturity that was holding him back. But Im beginning to doubt if he does have a bit of talent after all.

With Miller all but gone its a chance for Lafferty to step up to the plate and take a bit of responsibility especially with a few younger guys like Ness, hutton and Fleck chasing a 1st team place. If he doesnt grab this opportunity then we should bin him.

I don't think he does have any opportunity because Jelavic will be our main striker.

He'll probably play more often than not on the left wing to no effect or occasionally beside Jelavic with the same outcome.

Easily Walters worst signing, a huge sum for us. Factor in the cost of the transfer and what we'll have paid on wages and it's no wonder we're a mess financially. Maybe if Walter spent more wisely he wouldn't have had to go two years with no signings.